Friedman: Rumor has it Bobrovsky has provided a trade list

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Islanders makes the most sense. They got the capspace from missing out on Tavares, Lou always gets his goalie, and Russians love New York.

According to a recent Botta tweet,isles are looking to get Sorokin over as early as next season.
He will have 1 more yr on his contract, so it would require a buyout.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
To Leafs would be my guess. Contenders with cap space.

To STL for JBo + Allen maybe.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
True enough. Same with any team I guess. The only reason I can think of is that they feel that they are close to a playoff team. Maybe to avoid competition the same way teams trade for FAs a month or a few weeks, days before July 1st. Maybe it is the re-signing year. I don't know.

Isles are reportedly listening to offers for Leddy and making no effort to extend Eberle & Nelson who both made comments about wanting extensions. I expect the isles to be sellers, not buyers.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
If he was loyal but had plans of leaving, he should of told management there was a real possibility of him leaving as a UFA. Heck, he could of won a cup last year if a team like the Preds were able to snag him for a playoff run.

You guys have every right to be pissed off! Hopefully you get some future luck and a few Barzal hits with your picks.
look at price, I still dont like the contract length at his age, BUT he is back to playing like he can so its six of one half a doxzen of the other, on the whole I wont lose sleep over it. at least Price deserves to wear the Bleu Blanc et Rouge, same cant be said for the other guy

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
[/QUOTE]
Se
When you’re the Islanders and a very good player communicates interest in playing for your team, you don’t wait to compete with any other suitors.

You pay the price in a trade and lock him up.
Yeah,that is why Isles acquired Panarin...oh,wait

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Be ironic if The Flyers were his destination....

"A little too ironic, and yeah I really do think..."
I don’t think the flyers give up any assets for him. We’re just going to wait for Carter Hart. That’s been the plan for the last couple years.

As per recent history- anyone that comes to Philly doesn’t live up to their bill and when they leave, they’re suddenly good.

Reactions: bukwas and pmwlker

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
look at price, I still dont like the contract length at his age, BUT he is back to playing like he can so its six of one half a doxzen of the other, on the whole I wont lose sleep over it. at least Price deserves to wear the Bleu Blanc et Rouge, same cant be said for the other guy

We were stupid for giving Price a 6 year term in the previous contract. UFA's at the age of 30 or 31 is a bad time to sign guys at 8 years. Imagine what Price's contract value would be if he was a scheduled UFA at age 33?

Price took us to the cleaners in his current deal. I still think he is going to be a top 10 goalie in the world for a while yet but were paying him like the 3rd best player in the league, let alone best goalie

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
We were stupid for giving Price a 6 year term in the previous contract. UFA's at the age of 30 or 31 is a bad time to sign guys at 8 years. Imagine what Price's contract value would be if he was a scheduled UFA at age 33?

Price took us to the cleaners in his current deal. I still think he is going to be a top 10 goalie in the world for a while yet but were paying him like the 3rd best player in the league, let alone best goalie
agreed, but if you get 5 or 6 "price level "years, id take it and be happy. he may not be "god on skates" anymore but he's still damned good

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
By New York we all know he means Rangers.
I cannot recall which reporter said the isles were on Panarin's list.

Isles look to be sellers, not buyers. At this point that is ok. The team is building around 21 yr old Barzal and waiting for kids like Bellows,Dobson Walhstrom and hopefully Sorokin to join the team and contribute.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
agreed, but if you get 5 or 6 "price level "years, id take it and be happy. he may not be "god on skates" anymore but he's still damned good

He's good but has struggled with confidence since his injuries in the last 3 years. The other factor is the Habs D took a massive hit by losing Markov last year. I have no issues with Price from age 31-35 (other than being overpaid by $2M ish). Then it's anybodies guess how good he is from 35-38. By that time, the Habs will know how good Primeau is. Look for him with team USA at the world juniors.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
He's good but has struggled with confidence since his injuries in the last 3 years. The other factor is the Habs D took a massive hit by losing Markov last year. I have no issues with Price from age 31-35 (other than being overpaid by $2M ish). Then it's anybodies guess how good he is from 35-38. By that time, the Habs will know how good Primeau is. Look for him with team USA at the world juniors.

i think i told you last year that my opinion was that losing Markov was the Key not only for price but for Pacioretty as well. Markov was criminally undervalued. he was much better than bergevin gave him credit for

having a player who sees the whole ice like markov and who anticipates the play so well, is invaluable

Last edited:
Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
i think i told you last year that my opinion was that losing Markov was the Key not only for price but for Pacioretty as well. Markov was criminally undervalued. he was much better than bergevin gave him credit for

My issue was giving him a 2 year deal and I had no problems with a 1 year deal at $6M. That deal was there to sign but Bergevin wanted $4M with bonus performance. Markov should of had an agent and Bergevin was dumb to take it that far. Then he turned around and gave Alzner a bad contract and overpaid for Price.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
To St Louis is my prediction for Kyrou and a 1st

Out first went to buffalo and I wouldn’t give next years first for bob.

Fair offer would be Allen, Blais, gunnerson, and then a pick based on playoff performance of the blues. 4,3,2,1 based on how far they go. Salaries would close to match and the jackets pick up a decent prospect and a possible pick. If Columbus wants kyrou or Thomas then they need to add panarin and take bouwmeester.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
With the right deal, Columbus can make out like bandits and better themselves and future playoff runs depending on the deal tbh. He's a great regular season goalie, but it's become very clear over the years that he simply can't get it done when it matters the most. He's 30 years old, has had 5 post-season runs and his best showings have been .908 SV% and 3.18 GAA.

Reactions: lilfedor

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
Florida makes the most sense to me.
Lou is at the end of his career and Reimer is no starting goalie.
With Bob they could compete.

I'm sure they could put him on LTIR aka early retirement.

That contract was ridiculous.
Then Florida traded for it lol why

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Out first went to buffalo and I wouldn’t give next years first for bob.

Fair offer would be Allen, Blais, gunnerson, and then a pick based on playoff performance of the blues.
So, useless, not useful, not useful, and future.

Y'all do realize that players are not fungible assets, right? There's no universal "two top line left wingers equal a top-pairing RHD" chart out there because it's not possible.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
So, useless, not useful, not useful, and future.

Y'all do realize that players are not fungible assets, right? There's no universal "two top line left wingers equal a top-pairing RHD" chart out there because it's not possible.

You do realize ror was just traded to the blues for useless, useless, useless, and a first?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad