Friedman: Rumor has it Bobrovsky has provided a trade list

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I’ll take him in Ott with an extension. Probably on his no trade list though... Almost certainly

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
They got ROR for a collection of mediocre assets, but will they be able to do the same with Bobrovsky? Or, will they have to pay Kyrou or Thomas?

Kyrou or Thomas for 1 year of Bob just isn't feasible. Maybe Blais + Allen +some sort of a bit more cap and a pick. I just don't know how many more firsts we have to ship off.

Danny1237

Jun 12, 2016
I feel like the Islanders are CLB's best bet to overpay since I think Lou will value having a guy like Bob more than any other GM would.

Carolina, St. Louis, Calgary, Philadelphia (which would be hilarious), and maybe a surprise team like Minnesota or the Oilers could make some sense.

The hard part is this list will be cut down by his trade list, The Jackets would be in a weird spot if he leaves, and teams simply don't pay big goalies, even if they are star goalies.

For a UFA goalie I would be shocked if the return was more than a lottery protected 1st and 2nd, even with an extension.

I think the more interesting thing is how does CLB view their team and this season if they trade Bob, or are even considering it? They have a good team as it stands, but if Bob goes for whatever assets they can get, then you have to do the same with Panarin. Then all of a sudden you aren't a very strong team anymore. It wouldn't be a rebuild as much as a re-tooling, but what else do they consider doing ?

Reactions: zaqq

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Please don't trade him to Florida...

-Signed,

Every TB Fan.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
With Bob and a new coach, the Blues would actually be the contender they pretended to be in the offseason.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
I could see St. Louis possibly being involved. Him and Tarasenko are very close friends.
IMO at this point in time the Jackets know that Panarin will be gone so the asking price for Bob might be someone to be a close replacement for Panarin. Who can the Blues offer up?

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I feel like the Islanders are CLB's best bet to overpay since I think Lou will value having a guy like Bob more than any other GM would.

Carolina, St. Louis, Calgary, Philadelphia (which would be hilarious), and maybe a surprise team like Minnesota or the Oilers could make some sense.

The hard part is this list will be cut down by his trade list, The Jackets would be in a weird spot if he leaves, and teams simply don't pay big goalies, even if they are star goalies.

For a UFA goalie I would be shocked if the return was more than a lottery protected 1st and 2nd, even with an extension.

I think the more interesting thing is how does CLB view their team and this season if they trade Bob, or are even considering it? They have a good team as it stands, but if Bob goes for whatever assets they can get, then you have to do the same with Panarin. Then all of a sudden you aren't a very strong team anymore. It wouldn't be a rebuild as much as a re-tooling, but what else do they consider doing ?

Isles aren't going to make a panic trade for Bobrovsky with him looking the way he has so far this season. Plus Lehner has played exceptionally well.

Reactions: PWJunior

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Couldn't just let us have ONE nice compliment... LOL (I was thinking the same, decided to relish in the thought) :D

hahaha it totally messed up my train of thought when I read that. Like does Malkin/Trotz/Lou plus the soon to be built Belmont arena actually put the Isles in that tier? I don't know what to think anymore. Up is down and left is right!

Reactions: mrislander82

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The Islanders should and will definitely be all over this I think.

They probably won't be on his allowed trade list though.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If he's looking at Price money how many can afford him and keep a good team?

Carolina has cap space but will they spent is still a question with the new owner.

Reactions: SvechNecas

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
IMO at this point in time the Jackets know that Panarin will be gone so the asking price for Bob might be someone to be a close replacement for Panarin. Who can the Blues offer up?

I don't see how a soon to be UFA goalie is going to get a "close replacement for Panarin". Looks like he has a full NMC as well, per Capfriendly, so who knows how many teams he's going to okay a trade to.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
If he's looking at Price money how many can afford him and keep a good team?

Carolina has cap space but will they spent is still a question with the new owner.

Price contract is an aberration IMO. No goalie is coming close to making that much $$.

Price had all the leverage in the world and squeezed out as much as he could.

I’d be shocked if Bob made more than 8M.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Price contract is an aberration IMO. No goalie is coming close to making that much $$.

Price had all the leverage in the world and squeezed out as much as he could.

I’d be shocked if Bob made more than 8M.

He and his agent can use Price's contract to their benefit, and we all know how stupid Gm's can get on UFA market.

8M seems like the past for top tier goalies, and even still I wouldn't go 8x8 for Bob.

The answer is no.

Carolina was the only team with need/cap space that I could think of, but

I wouldn't give a goalie in his 30's superstar money.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad