Rumor: Cam Ward for Marleau (Mod: Based on Eklund Rumor)

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
While I agree that sometimes Eklund does hear actual speculation and jump the gun, I also believe that he quite often completely makes things up.

I think this is one of those cases where he just completely made something up.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Ward CAN be a great goaltender, and he's definitely better than Niemi. But, Ward has an NMC and won't waive it for a West Coast Team and Patty has an NMC and won't waive it for an East Coast team, so this rumor is stupid.

TealManV

A man has said
Oct 12, 2011
California
So, knowing it's Ek, it's BS. But I'm more shocked by the fact that he completely undervalues Marleau or overvalues Ward. It's baffling.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
This is the most ridiculous rumor I've heard in a while... Just nonsense

Because we all know DW is working on a Marleau-for-Luongo deal

Last edited by a moderator:

AliBaba

Jan 16, 2013
Bay Area
Dog ****. What is the percentage of rumors eklund has published that have come to fruition? I would say below 1% if it was a bet. This man makes a living off of hot air

Winky

Jun 17, 2008
So DW lets Nabby walk, due to the fact that he didn't want to pay high salaries for the position, yet makes a move a few years later for a high salaried goaltender?

Okay ...

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
So DW lets Nabby walk, due to the fact that he didn't want to pay high salaries for the position, yet makes a move a few years later for a high salaried goaltender?

Okay ...

A high-salaried goaltender that's won a cup.

ring2.jpg

sparkle, sparkle.

DW is having Wallin withdrawal and needs a replacement cup ring from the Canes.

:sarcasm:

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Ward CAN be a great goaltender, and he's definitely better than Niemi. But, Ward has an NMC and won't waive it for a West Coast Team and Patty has an NMC and won't waive it for an East Coast team, so this rumor is stupid.

Ward is almost 30 and has played almost 500 games in the nhl. I think its safe to say he will NEVER be a great goalie.

Ward has just 1 season where he played at an elite level.

The funny thing is Carolina is probably just looking to get rid of them because his contract is ridiculous, and they know that the goalie duo of Khudobin/Peter will probably provide better value than Ward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad