Rumor: Rumor and Proposals Thread | The Pou Has Hit The Fan, Something is up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Honestly?

Other than the picks for Reinhart, what other trade has he made with Oilers that all of us would agree was bad?

Honestly, yes.

Chiarelli is the master at getting underwhelming returns for offensive forwards.

I can't even begin to imagine how much of a disaster him trading Draisaitl would be. Would be very fitting that on the day Boston has finally turned the page on a horrendous Seguin trade Chia would do another similar move with Draisaitl.

Of course I don't actually believe the rumour, but was thinking about what Chia targetting for Seguin and I could see a similar situation out of Colorado. He's just a bad negotiator.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
McDavid's agent tells USA Today's Kevin Allen the extension won't be done this weekend:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...vid-extension-oilers-star-win-all/443756001/#

Lame. I was hoping it would be announced tomorrow.

What Friedman was saying yesterday was that there was still work to get done on how the money is structured.

I imagine what happened is they agreed on the AAV and the years and they need to work out the smaller details but Chia has other things on his plate atm.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Honestly, yes.

Chiarelli is the master at getting underwhelming returns for offensive forwards.

I can't even begin to imagine how much of a disaster him trading Draisaitl would be. Would be very fitting that on the day Boston has finally turned the page on a horrendous Seguin trade Chia would do another similar move with Draisaitl.

Of course I don't actually believe the rumour, but was thinking about what Chia targetting for Seguin and I could see a similar situation out of Colorado. He's just a bad negotiator.
I don't get it Chiarelli got a great deal for Hall. Best return for a winger in years. Eberle was mostly a cap motivated move Chiarelli said so himself. Cap has huge trade value. Straight player value no longer exists in the NHL.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Hall/Eberle trades were losing value and poor. Davidson for Desharnais was dumb, meant we lose both Davidson/Reinhart.

Gordon for Korpikoski was dumb since LK was a train wreck and had the extra year.

All your opinion....I said that everyone would agree on

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I know the media keeps downplaying our expected activity tomorrow, but if we don't shore up some holes with real nhlers, we're legitimately going into next year as the exact same team minus eberles 20 extra point on strome.

Chia cannot be stupid enough to think we're a cup contender right now right?

Pools Closed*

Dec 1, 2010
I know the media keeps downplaying our expected activity tomorrow, but if we don't shore up some holes with real nhlers, we're legitimately going into next year as the exact same team minus eberles 20 extra point on strome.

This is the same guy who said that our defense wasn't good enough to contend for the cup and then gave Russell and Gryba extensions.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014

No you see you don't understand, Strome's PPG/minute vs bottom liners after Capuano's firing on Sundays is actually higher than Eberle's. Strome is an upgrade :sarcasm:

North

Jun 25, 2009
According to McKenzie, don't be surprised if Sharp goes back to Chicago.

But, but there was a source in the Calgary organization and everything.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
What Friedman was saying yesterday was that there was still work to get done on how the money is structured.

I imagine what happened is they agreed on the AAV and the years and they need to work out the smaller details but Chia has other things on his plate atm.

You have a good imagination. Very creative. Not nessasarily good in this situation however.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
According to McKenzie, don't be surprised if Sharp goes back to Chicago.

But, but there was a source in the Calgary organization and everything.

Burke: Good afternoon Pat. As I mentioned we are interested in looking at adding you....you're probably looking at 2 years at 3-4 per year but Brad still has to look at it. ...Is that something you'd be interested in?
Sharp: Yes....actually...I think it could be a good fit. I have a few other teams but I think we can work something out for sure.
Burke: Have the Oilers contacted you?
Sharp: No...actu-
*click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad