Rule changes you are thankful for

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I'm glad they got rid of offsides. Oh wait that was in my dreams and it's 2017 and they still exist.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Technically the delayed off-side isn't a rule change, but more of a reverting back to the old rule. But that one is a must. Keeps the play going. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a hockey fan that is against removing the 2-line pass. I remember refereeing and calling that tons.

One thing I dislike is the goalie playing the puck in that zone behind the net rule. I think it's a bit school-yardish. I miss the odd goal here and there when a goalie used to get stuck in no-man's land in the corner behind his net. I'd like to see that rule revoked, personally.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
The shootout.

Historically, we're still possibly the worst at it, but I cannot stand ending games with a tie.

Kreegz2

Dec 11, 2011
Pretty much the only changes I've enjoyed since I started watching hockey 20 years ago is the delay of game for shooting the puck over the glass in your own zone(I'm looking at you Chelios) and disallowing line changes after icings. Everything else I'd prefer to go back to the way they were in 1996.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I love that players are no longer allowed to use their hands to swipe the puck on a faceoff. It was one of the biggest atrocities in the sport.

sarcasm of course

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Allowing the two-line-pass would've been a great change had the NHL not simultaneously shrunk the neutral zone by 4 feet.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
Two line pass thank god they changed that. Also delay of game, dmen used to throw it in the crowd whenever they felt pressure.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
I love that players are no longer allowed to use their hands to swipe the puck on a faceoff. It was one of the biggest atrocities in the sport.

sarcasm of course
I totally forgot about that. It was like who can fall down on the puck faster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad