Confirmed with Link: Ruhwedel re-signed 2 yr 700k AAV

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The most memorable thing about Ruhwedel is Geno's snarky response, saying the guy should be able to skate pucks out of danger if he's playing in the NHL.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
What does this mean for Riikola?

Probably it means that he's on the next plane back to Finland.

I don't know why he'd want to return to Pittsburgh anyway, but I suppose he could re-sign with the Pens and then watch from the press box as D-men worse than him, with zero upside potential, get to play while he sits.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
What does this mean for Riikola?

Not much I’d imagine. They play different sides. Thought Ruh dropped off a bit this year but still a good depth guy. Having him and Riikola as our #7/#8 is decent

Now for the rest of the D..............

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Nowadays even guys pencilled into the AHL are getting one-way deals so I don’t think this move means anything for anyone else.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Mrs Crosby's Dryer

Can we please fire idiot Sullivan now?
Dec 11, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Not a fan. Brings absolutely nothing to the table. Don’t like his play and would rather he be in WBS if JR absolutely has to keep him. Ugh, this is going to be a long offseason.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
He doesn’t really help a lot, but he rarely ever hurts either. There’s literally no risk to giving him less than a mill.. so it’s kinda weird to have a strong opinion either way.

Reactions: Andy99

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
He doesn’t really help a lot, but he rarely ever hurts either. There’s literally no risk to giving him less than a mill.. so it’s kinda weird to have a strong opinion either way.

last 2 seasons/74 games including playoffs: 7 points and a -18, regularly gets overtaken in the D-zone. Has no particular strength that stands out.

He's 29 and not getting any better. Not exactly depth I want hanging around.

Even in FA there will be guys who will bring more to the table who'll have to sign friendly cheap deals for work.

I'd take Lovejoy back at 1.0 at age 35 over Ruh...

Just sayin'...

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
So why sign him?

It locks out the opportunity of bringing up cheap talent and if they were going to resign Riikola they might as well have just ran that.

There is no reason at this point Ruhwedel should’ve been resigned.
I kind of agree. For how far down the depth chart he will be there’s no reason for a one-way deal, let alone multiple years.

I guess they just like the guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad