Player Discussion Rudolfs Balcers - LW

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
I'm happy he gets the call up, but is Batherson injured? I figured he'd get called back up sometime soon after he got sent down.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I'm happy he gets the call up, but is Batherson injured? I figured he'd get called back up sometime soon after he got sent down.

He's had a good look see, at the NHL level, and he's a keeper ...... and better off in the AHL, for the time being.

They probably want a look see at Balcers, at the NHL level, prior to the TDL, and determine if he's also a keeper, and or give other teams a chance to see him.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Garbage line up.

Should be

Dzingel - Duchene - Balcers
Tkachuk - White - Stone
Paul - Pageau - Boedker
Smith - Tierney - Ryan
Paarvi

Lajoie - DeMelo
Wolanin - Jaros
Trash boy - garbage man

Reactions: Zeb and Beville

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Guessing we'll see a carousel of young guys back and forth the rest o the year, and rightly so.

Balcers earned the 2nd call up after Batherson, he'll get his cup of coffee an we can see what he's made of.

Reactions: NB613 and DrEasy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yup Boucher went from having 1 line working to having zero lines working; looks like he is changing it back... I mean what's a couple more losses

So you're saying that I'm avoiding more frustration by avoiding Sens hockey.

Melnyk-Dorion-Boucher & co : incredible how they have sabotaged a hockey team in a short period of time.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Felt bad that he was lining up with Paajarvi for most shifts even if they were plugging in Duchene/Dzingel in there at times with them. That one shift where he slotted in with Boedker and Tierney looked promising and a bit sad as a Sharks fan. It was like the old band got back together.

I feel like it would have served this player better to keep him in the AHL and continue to develop rather than bring him up for 7 minutes in hell.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IDK Balcers looked like another version of Boedker to me, just another small soft speedy player who is highly skilled in the AHL & looks out of his league in the NHL. He didn't get a lot of ice time especially after they got behind but what we did see was not that impressive. He like so many on this team & in this org, just simply don't engage enough in the play, they don't do anything to make themselves noticed. They go for a skate & head back to the bench after their 45 seconds without touching another player.

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Rudolfs Balcers now has become 15th Latvian NHL player who has scored a goal in a regular season game and 5th youngest Latvian goal scorer. By the way only 9 of 19 (skaters) Latvians has managed to score a goal in their debut seasons.

People say that you have to earn your nickname and I know that it's early but I have some suggestions - Rudy, Rudd, Dolph.

We can put it on vote, I really like Dolph.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Missed the game today but saw a replay of his sweet goal. Other then that, how did he look in his first NHL game?

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Missed the game today but saw a replay of his sweet goal. Other then that, how did he look in his first NHL game?

He looked ok, in a very limited ice time he had. He looked better when playing with better players though (duh). He played with Tierney and Boedker today and it was a decent line.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->