Royals' Nelson balancing team, career goals

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

By all accounts put forth by prognosticators through the early going, the road to a Western Hockey League title this season is likely to run through either Kelowna or Portland. However, the Victoria Royals would certainly like to force opponents to embark on a couple of ferry rides as part of the championship travel package next spring.

Located on Vancouver Island, the city of Victoria has been home to the Royals for a couple of years now, since the relocation of the franchise that was once the expansion Chilliwack Bruins. The trip by bus to Victoria includes a two-hour ride by boat.… read more

More...

derek138

Nov 2, 2013
Too bad he's not taking that step forward.

Nelson was an absolute monster last year he is getting points 1 a game so far but he's just not the same player out there. He's not dominating physically anymore just lost his edge so far.

brian11

Oct 14, 2003
Nelson was an absolute monster last year he is getting points 1 a game so far but he's just not the same player out there. He's not dominating physically anymore just lost his edge so far.

I'd agree with this - Nelson has a lot of tools and does put points up on the board, but I really think he could be so much more. When he's in the right mood, playing physical and being engaged he's great. That only happens every so often though. But even Nelson playing at 70% of his potential is still a decent player, I've just learned to live with that I guess.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
He's trying to do too much out there and, with GoGo back to Russia, he's the one drawing the tough assignments (Last year, it was Magee, Gogolev, and Hodges/B. Walker drawing first pair/top checking lines).

He's still a good WHL player, but obviously he's not going to dominate top pair/top checking line players the same we he was able to against the secondary defensive players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad