WWE: Royal Rumble Weekend - World's Collide and RR

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I agree that the NXT wrestlers looked pretty good. Whoever laid out the men's rumble did a really good job in terms of making sure that the right people were in the right spot doing the right thing. Lee gets a good rub from standing up to Lesnar and Lesnar selling his appearance with his "who the **** is that" to Heyman. Riddle was out quickly but he was given time to shine unlike many of the people in every royal rumble ever. For the women Belair was definitely given a good showing and obviously Baszler was made to look strong.

If it's true that the original plan for for Baszler and Reigns to win, I prefer the route that WWE actually went down.

Agreed

Also on a side note: They've kept Roman out of the spotlight almostttttttt enough that I don't hate him winning stuff anymore. Just a little more time and I'm down. With that being said, I have to imagine it'll be the Fiend vs. Roman at Mania.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Gargano/Ciampa were in the middle of the best feud i've probably ever seen, an absolute blood feud pending final payoff, and Vince called them both up and paired 'em together. Completely and utterly ignoring the fact they were in a blood feud that told an epic story.

I remember the feud, but I couldn't/can't recall how it all laid out. I remember them tagging but it was a contentious partnership (they built into the storyline that they were in a feud of course, and they begrudgingly were tagging together). After that I lost track of it. I do remember Gargano reigniting it again though after the Dusty Classic.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I remember the feud, but I couldn't/can't recall how it all laid out. I remember them tagging but it was a contentious partnership (they built into the storyline that they were in a feud of course, and they begrudgingly were tagging together). After that I lost track of it. I do remember Gargano reigniting it again though after the Dusty Classic.

They were both heels at the time.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
They were both heels at the time.
Yes, IIRC, Gargano had just turned heel to win the NA title in an angle of him giving into the darkness via Ciampa. Gargano wasn't full heel, kind of a tweener. But he was aligned with Ciampa.

The feud was good but ended up dragging to me. Especially when they were lazily using ring attires to try to tell the story. I loved the set up and especially for some reason really loved Gargano's turn on Black (especially the actual segment). Once Gargano was a tweener and on again/off again with Ciampa it started losing steam. I am in favor of it always being an avenue to come back to or explore though, similar to Owens/Zayn. Let it breathe at times though and take a break.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->