Confirmed with Link: Royal Blue Is Back In 2020-21

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
You should have stopped after your first comment.

Fixed it for you.

Some of you can't enjoy a nice thing without bringing negativity of the roster into it. Leave it for the other threads for cripes sake.

giphy.gif

At least Krueger wasn’t offering a timeshare in this particular scenario of his :laugh:

The "Big Krueg" is waiting to the "Fan Festival" coming up to get his commissions. "I'll sign this autograph sure, but I'm going to need your autograph here....."

giphy.gif

Maybe T-Pegs will have him cornering business owners about buying ad space or luxury boxes.

"It's just the BEST opportunity to show your LEADERSHIP and HEART for the team" -Krueger, probably.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
How to make up for poor product on the ice, use marketing, promotion, and PR to the dumbed down masses.. Straight out of the bush leagues.

I don't believe that listening to what your customers want is straight out of the bush leagues.

And it's not like any of the resources that should be focused on improving the on ice product are being redirected to the new uniforms.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
I really enjoy the clean and crisp 50th uniforms. Saw a couple twitter accounts saying the jersey is boring, and I see where they are coming from, but IMO the white and gold with the crest is simply fantastic.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
I don't believe that listening to what your customers want is straight out of the bush leagues.

And it's not like any of the resources that should be focused on improving the on ice product are being redirected to the new uniforms.

Same fans that pay for eight years of poor hockey and resell there tickets to Canadian fans ? I'm sure once this new fancy Jersey comes out in a year they will be ordering the cheap knockoffs online by the hundreds.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Same fans that pay for eight years of poor hockey and resell there tickets to Canadian fans ? I'm sure once this new fancy Jersey comes out in a year they will be ordering the cheap knockoffs online by the hundreds.

Yes, having a special jersey on a team's fiftieth anniversary is completely unheard of and just part of a huge plan to sucker poor people out of their money. :eyeroll:

markpenske

Jul 2, 2015
I also hear a bunch of hosts on WGR clamoring for the royal blue jersey. All of the fans I talk to agree - The navy looks better. Mark me down as not a fan of the royal blue.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
so the royal blue will be the full time color in 20-21 ? or is it the third jersey ?

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
so the royal blue will be the full time color in 20-21 ? or is it the third jersey ?
According to what they were saying on The Instigators this morning it's going to be full time. Last I knew teams were required to keep a new 3rd for at least two years, so we'll probably see the new Anniversary jersey as the 3rd again next year.

Reactions: VaporTrail

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
According to what they were saying on The Instigators this morning it's going to be full time. Last I knew teams were required to keep a new 3rd for at least two years, so we'll probably see the new Anniversary jersey as the 3rd again next year.

I don't believe that special anniversary jerseys count as alternates.

The 40th jerseys didn't.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
They still used those for two seasons (2010-11 and 2011-12).

They used them for a few games in 2011-12 because fans liked them so much after the Buffaslug and not because they had to use a 3rd jersey for three seasons before retiring it.

I would be surprised if they switch to new home and away uniforms next year and keep the 50th anniversary uniform as the 3rd jersey next season.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I also hear a bunch of hosts on WGR clamoring for the royal blue jersey. All of the fans I talk to agree - The navy looks better. Mark me down as not a fan of the royal blue.

For me, count me as someone that likes Royal Blue over Navy Blue. I like Navy Blue in Jersey's as the secondary color. When you have it against a white Jersey for example it looks nice, (like you have in the Sabres new 3rd Jersey). But as the main color of the jersey, like we have today, especially with the lighting in the arena, it looks so drab. It's boring and it just looks so depressing. With Royal Blue (HEX COLOR: #005EB8) it looks fresh and youthful, and it pops on TV.

It's all opinion of course, so there's nothing wrong with liking Royal Blue over Navy Blue.

I just like:

DBFrvcFVYAAr1Tk.jpg

Over:

jack-eichel-sabres-flyers_0.jpg

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Royal blue is too busy for me. It always looks like it's trying be something else. It never looks content with just being royal blue. Royal blue needs to learn to be the best version of royal blue that it can be.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
For me, count me as someone that likes Royal Blue over Navy Blue. I like Navy Blue in Jersey's as the secondary color. When you have it against a white Jersey for example it looks nice, (like you have in the Sabres new 3rd Jersey). But as the main color of the jersey, like we have today, especially with the lighting in the arena, it looks so drab. It's boring and it just looks so depressing. With Royal Blue (HEX COLOR: #005EB8) it looks fresh and youthful, and it pops on TV.

It's all opinion of course, so there's nothing wrong with liking Royal Blue over Navy Blue.

I just like:

DBFrvcFVYAAr1Tk.jpg

Over:

Awesome post.

Seeing those two pics right up against each other really, just wow...

I used to be fairly indifferent, but it really hit home for me when my kids started watching games with me. I'll never forget my daughter asking which ones were the Sabres in a random game, me saying "the blue guys", and her responding with "um, there is no blue do you mean black daddy?"

Reactions: OkimLom

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Awesome post.

Seeing those two pics right up against each other really, just wow...

I used to be fairly indifferent, but it really hit home for me when my kids started watching games with me. I'll never forget my daughter asking which ones were the Sabres in a random game, me saying "the blue guys", and her responding with "um, there is no blue do you mean black daddy?"

For me, I didn't even care about the color of blues. It wasn't until I saw another photoshop picture of Eichel with a brighter shade of blue, that changed my mind of wanting to see a change. From that day on, I couldn't picture Jack and Sam in a better color jersey. Then, the Winter Classic game vs the Rangers came and I was set for seeing them in those colors.

Jack+Eichel+2018+Bridgestone+NHL+Winter+Classic+ltEjJIRul7_l.jpg

I felt this look was something that screamed a team that was young but promising.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
For me, I didn't even care about the color of blues. It wasn't until I saw another photoshop picture of Eichel with a brighter shade of blue, that changed my mind of wanting to see a change. From that day on, I couldn't picture Jack and Sam in a better color jersey. Then, the Winter Classic game vs the Rangers came and I was set for seeing them in those colors.

Jack+Eichel+2018+Bridgestone+NHL+Winter+Classic+ltEjJIRul7_l.jpg

I felt this look was something that screamed a team that was young but promising.
This blue is warmer than the bright royal navy. They should go with this color.
BLASPHEMY!

Reminds me of my choice for the background color of my phone. I had all kinds of blue, my favorite color as a background, and i always come back to those warmer colors instead of some of the more intrusive choices.

It also has a more modern touch imo, just make it less white and more blue

Last edited:

Bferra13

Apr 7, 2019
I have no nostalgia for royal blue... my nostalgia lies in black and red... but count me as a huge fan of this change. Those navy blue jerseys are pretty decent in person, but man are they boring and bland on tv. This is a huge upgrade imo.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
How to make up for poor product on the ice, use marketing, promotion, and PR to the dumbed down masses.. Straight out of the bush leagues.
The two things are completely separate and irrelevant to each other. Dropping phrases like "dumbed down masses" in this context makes you seem ridiculous.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON

I just like:

DBFrvcFVYAAr1Tk.jpg

Over:

I personally like the Navy I feel like it’s a more refined look. I don’t mind the royal blue but in that picture it looks a bit too much “in your face”. I wasn’t around when they wore that color last so maybe I just need to see the final product with the full team on ice.

Edit: come to think of it I have a Roy jersey in those royal blue 3rds with Buffalo written across the front and it’s one of my favs. It must just be that picture that’s got me twisted

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
This is great news, it seems like most people are really in favor of the royals and including me. More distinctive, captures identity more, dark jerseys are just so depressing and tanky.

A Sabres player looks much better and finessed in it.

It seems like based on the leaked Sabres video that the 3rd jersey will include the goat head/knives logos so I dig that too. (as a third jersey). I'm 25 so the goathoad brings back the nostalgia of 05-06. Nothing better than the originals but something about those goatheads that was just so unique, powerful and intimidating.

If there is any slug patch on any jersey tho I will protest outside keybank center with picket signs, a chicken costume, other Sabres hf members, a megaphone, and a standing army.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->