Recalled/Assigned: Roy, Whitecloud, & Schuldt recalled. UPD 20th Feb: Whitecloud, & Schuldt sent down.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Are they showcasing Schuldt? Granger mentioned they could still make a move for a puck mover Gustafsson or Vatanen.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Vegas could still be ADDING not just trading someone like Merrill.

Giving NJ back their picks for Vatanen and taking Merrill and Eakin?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Vegas could still be ADDING not just trading someone like Merrill.

Giving NJ back their picks for Vatanen and taking Merrill and Eakin?
Vatanen has a nearly 5M cap hit, we couldn't do that trade straight up without retention. He's on IR too, so no cap relief.

E: Holden would most likely be either included or be in place of Merrill as he has a 2.2M cap hit as our 7D with somebody like Vatanen.

Reactions: Vegan Knight

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Vatanen has a nearly 5M cap hit, we couldn't do that trade straight up without retention. He's on IR too, so no cap relief.

E: Holden would most likely be either included or be in place of Merrill as he has a 2.2M cap hit as our 7D with somebody like Vatanen.

It's all confusing now, Granger said he wasn't so sure they were done adding to the team. I'm nervous.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Blockbuster trade:

To NYR: Eakin, Merrill, Subban, Schuldt
To VGK: Kreider, Giorgiev and late picks to balance the deal.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Blockbuster trade:

I don't know if that's blockbuster, but interesting. I don't see NYR taking Subban or Merrill, they have too many bodies to work through at those positions as it is. Maybe Schuldt as a longer term prospect is ok, but have to think individual deals for Kreider and Georgiev would yield them more assets they want. This kind of deal could make sense with the Ducks, but hard to see an in-division trade like that going down.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I don't know if that's blockbuster, but interesting. I don't see NYR taking Subban or Merrill, they have too many bodies to work through at those positions as it is. Maybe Schuldt as a longer term prospect is ok, but have to think individual deals for Kreider and Georgiev would yield them more assets they want. This kind of deal could make sense with the Ducks, but hard to see an in-division trade like that going down.
It was actually a joke my wife and I made up, to dump what we consider all our dead weight for two really good players.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
It was actually a joke my wife and I made up, to dump what we consider all our dead weight for two really good players.

Yeah true, we can wish. I think Eakin's deal is easily dumpable, but this coach loves his veterans as much as the last one so he's not going anywhere. Not really sure why they keep him though, Glass and Stephenson have shown they are plenty capable of filling in as a top six center if there are injuries, which seems the only reason to keep Eakin around.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Blockbuster trade:

No chance the NYR take that shitty return for Kreider & Georgie individually, much less packaged together. Plus the fact it's extremely doubtful they take Subban or any goalie back in a trade.

Edit...I see you addressed this above...Carry on.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Is Tuch expected to be out for the rest of the regular season?

I was under the impression the team expected him back before then.
He's week-to-week, and has been seen walking around normally, expectations is he'll be back fairly soon.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Is Tuch expected to be out for the rest of the regular season?

I was under the impression the team expected him back before then.

I heard he was walking fine and didn't seem so injured so I don't think he's going to be injured long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->