Blue Jays Discussion: Roy Halladay officially inducted in the 2019 Baseball Hall of Fame Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Using Fangraphs projections and prospect valuation, Stroman has about $30 million of surplus value and a Kirilloff-level prospect (55FV position player) has about $46 million of value. Getting him straight up for Stroman would be a huge win. Stroman and Giles for Kirilloff is probably about bang on, but I can't imagine them moving their two best trade chips for a single prospect.

If it's the Twins, Stroman for Graterol and a wild card prospect or two makes a lot of sense.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Using Fangraphs projections and prospect valuation, Stroman has about $30 million of surplus value and a Kirilloff-level prospect (55FV position player) has about $46 million of value. Getting him straight up for Stroman would be a huge win. Stroman and Giles for Kirilloff is probably about bang on, but I can't imagine them moving their two best trade chips for a single prospect.

If it's the Twins, Stroman for Graterol and a wild card prospect or two makes a lot of sense.
Not concerned about Graterol's injury at the moment? he's been out since May with a shoulder issue

Jays should really be focus their attention on San Diego and Atlanta (both were scouting Stromans last start). Once you get these teams with deep farms in the mix maybe you can use that to your advantage and force the Twins to put Kirilloff in play or the Astros to put Tucker in play.

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
As much as I'd love it, I'd be really surprised to see Kirillof or a similiar prospect discussed for players like Stroman or Giles. I'd be pretty upset if the Jays traded Bichette for a guy like Stroman. Have to give to get, but at the same time it's a big risk when Kiriloff is so close to the majors.

Reactions: phillipmike

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
What's the feeling on here of whether or not Bauer is going to be made available? Would be great if the Indians decided to not sell - makes it a tighter market for buyers

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
What's the feeling on here of whether or not Bauer is going to be made available? Would be great if the Indians decided to not sell - makes it a tighter market for buyers

Cleveland is 6 games back of Minny and has the 2nd WC spot. If they sell it would be the most cleveland thing to do but they already screwed up over the last 2 off-seasons.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Not concerned about Graterol's injury at the moment? he's been out since May with a shoulder issue

Jays should really be focus their attention on San Diego and Atlanta (both were scouting Stromans last start). Once you get these teams with deep farms in the mix maybe you can use that to your advantage and force the Twins to put Kirilloff in play or the Astros to put Tucker in play.

I just think expecting an overpayment like Kirilloff, regardless of the reasoning behind it, is setting yourself up for disappointment when Stroman ultimately gets moved for a fair return.

(And I definitely didn't factor Graterol's injury in. I was mostly just looking at the player value in general rather than the specific situation.)

Reactions: phillipmike

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
19 teams are either currently in a playoff spot, or within 3 games of a wild card spot (and there are two more teams 3.5 games back of a wild card spot).

Have to think there will be a seller's market this year with so many teams still in the mix.

IMO this is the most important two weeks in this management groups tenure thus far - we can not get mediocre returns.

Last edited:

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Bauer vs the Toronto media would make this rebuild a lot more entertaining at least.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
apparently the yankees prospects aren't "off limits".

Wonder if Frazier ends up a Jay.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
There's an article on Sportsnet, suggesting that if the Yankees don't pick up Edwin's option, that a reunion with the Jays would be good.

That'd be interesting.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
There's an article on Sportsnet, suggesting that if the Yankees don't pick up Edwin's option, that a reunion with the Jays would be good.

That'd be interesting.

If Smoak can be traded this deadline I would be all for bringing back EE. My hopes are that he wins a WS this season so that need goes away when looking for a new home. Good clubhouse guy and would fit in nicely with the latino youngsters.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I’d be all for adding Frazier to complete the outfield. An outfield of Grichuk, Gurriel and Frazier would be solid.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Jays still have lots of holes to fill. They need some more big bats in the middle of the lineup. A 1B, DH and corner OF are still needed. Telez is not a long term option. So I don’t care if Stroman returns pitching or a position player such as Frazier. Pitching and more hitting are required anyways.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I wouldn't mind Frazier either, but he feels like more of what they already have (OF with questionable (or in his case straight up bad) defense, strikeout issues, low OBP, lots of power) and I would kind of like to see them diversify their options a bit.

It's just not a profile I like that much, and it's not one I want to have a while bunch of in a lineup.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I wouldn't mind Frazier either, but he feels like more of what they already have (OF with questionable (or in his case straight up bad) defense, strikeout issues, low OBP, lots of power) and I would kind of like to see them diversify their options a bit.

It's just not a profile I like that much, and it's not one I want to have a while bunch of in a lineup.

I think the Yankees throw him into a package that gets a big name from another team. I don't think he comes to Toronto.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
I wonder if Tucker from the 'stros is an option. There have been whispers he's not the most well-liked in the room. Frazier hasn't been without his controversy either. If that's true about Tucker, maybe he needs a change of scenery. Although the AA market inefficiency of buying the problem children at discount prices didn't work out so well for the most part lol.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
There are whispers that c-mart might be available. Would love to nab him.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Jackson looking for another team;
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Anthrax442

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I assume they're calling up Waguespack for a spot start and then activating Borucki. That's a nice upgrade over Jackson.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
19 teams are either currently in a playoff spot, or within 3 games of a wild card spot (and there are two more teams 3.5 games back of a wild card spot).

Have to think there will be a seller's market this year with so many teams still in the mix.

IMO this is the most important two weeks in this management groups tenure thus far - we can not get mediocre returns.
This is also the first season without waiver trades. This will be like a true trade deadline

Reactions: Anthrax442
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->