Blue Jays Discussion: Roy Halladay elected to 2019 Baseball Hall of Fame class

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Damn that predates me so I'll take your word for it.

Maybe he can get them a new downtown ball park......I don’t know where but it would be nice to replace the Dome in the near future.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I kinda like never having to worry about rain delays for home games lol

Can the Jays not have an open air stadium where the sides are open letting in the elements and the top be retractable in case of inclement weather? This will allow for a grass field. I believe there is a stadium as such already. Is it not Millwakee.

Reactions: Trawna Phan

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I kinda like never having to worry about rain delays for home games lol

I think they’d still have a retractable roof of some sort.

I don’t if they could do it, but it would be nice to do something similar to Atlanta; they built a community with condos and restaurants and offices that is really nice. I think that’s what the Rangers are doing as well with their new park and they’ll have a retractable roof.
Just need land and $$$$$$

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I think they’d still have a retractable roof of some sort.

I don’t if they could do it, but it would be nice to do something similar to Atlanta; they built a community with condos and restaurants and offices that is really nice. I think that’s what the Rangers are doing as well with their new park.
Just need land and $$$$$$

Theres plenty of land around the GTA where a stadium can be built. Best sites would be Downsview or near Woodbine race track.

As for the dollars, Im tired of hearing Rogers doesn't have the money. I know that's not what you are saying, but Rogers should be able to build a new stadium and purchase the land with their eyes closed. This shouldnt be the issue holding anything back from being done. Whats holding it back is the fact that Rogers wants a free handout like any other owner wanting to build a stadium. Considering they got the current stadium for a dollar when they purchased the Jays, the least they can do is give back to Toronto and its tax payers moving forward.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Can the Jays not have an open air stadium where the sides are open letting in the elements and the top be retractable in case of inclement weather? This will allow for a grass field. I believe there is a stadium as such already. Is it not Millwakee.
Of course they can and I would love to see a new stadium built for the Jays but I don't think it's very likely. The Twins went from that atrocious ballpark to one of the nicest stadiums in the league in Target Field. Would be awesome to see a similar kind of ball park with a retractable rook like they have in Milwakee and Houston too I believe.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
In other news our former opening day starter Ricky Romero has announced his retirement from the MLB. So long RR

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
It'll be exciting more than anything. I've been a Jays fan since 2005, I don't think there's ever been a prospect as highly touted as Vlad Jr to come through the Jays farm system in recent time.

He’s the Jays first ever #1 MLB prospect since MLB Pipeline, BA, and BP became things. Also one of the first/fewest to receive an 80 hit grade from evaluators. But, we did have that Jayson Stark article 7 years back where Brett Lawrie was being called a phenom alongside the likes of Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, and Matt Moore.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Theres plenty of land around the GTA where a stadium can be built. Best sites would be Downsview or near Woodbine race track.

As for the dollars, Im tired of hearing Rogers doesn't have the money. I know that's not what you are saying, but Rogers should be able to build a new stadium and purchase the land with their eyes closed. This shouldnt be the issue holding anything back from being done. Whats holding it back is the fact that Rogers wants a free handout like any other owner wanting to build a stadium. Considering they got the current stadium for a dollar when they purchased the Jays, the least they can do is give back to Toronto and its tax payers moving forward.

problem with that is Rogers is not into developing lands around the stadium to bring in additional revenue. Owners would develop lands around to include bars restaurants, condos to increase revenue around the building. Rogers builds Rogers stores that is it so for them it's not to justify building a new stadium

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
problem with that is Rogers is not into developing lands around the stadium to bring in additional revenue. Owners would develop lands around to include bars restaurants, condos to increase revenue around the building. Rogers builds Rogers stores that is it so for them it's not to justify building a new stadium

This is absolute nonsense.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Top prospect defenders in each farm system

Blue Jays: Kevin Vicuna, SS, unranked
The Blue Jays felt so good about Vicuna's defense in 2017 that they had the then-19-year-old handle shortstop duties for Class A Advanced Dunedin from April 23-June 1, even though Vicuna previously had never played above the Rookie Gulf Coast League. He's an athletic and, at times, flashy defender, with quick, twitchy hands that help him absorb anything hit his way and a quick release that causes his average arm strength to play up across the infield.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
He’s the Jays first ever #1 MLB prospect since MLB Pipeline, BA, and BP became things. Also one of the first/fewest to receive an 80 hit grade from evaluators. But, we did have that Jayson Stark article 7 years back where Brett Lawrie was being called a phenom alongside the likes of Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, and Matt Moore.
That first half season with Lawrie...I was on that fan club lol, I thought he was going to be a stud.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Chavez Young, forever a sleeper.

I wonder if he becomes the next Danny Jansen (overlooked and dismissed until he makes it and people realize he's pretty good.)

I love that the Rays defender nominee is named Lucius Fox

giphy.gif

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Can someone talk more about what we possibly might have in Kevin Smith?

Seems like a massive sleeper in our organization

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->