Blue Jays Discussion: Roy Halladay elected to 2019 Baseball Hall of Fame class

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Sounds like some rule changes could be coming (just talks now);

-NL DH for the 2019, long overdue -love it
-26 man roster, love it
-28 man roster limit in September, love it
-pitchers must face a minimum of 3 batter, don’t like it but if we can get the first 3 I will accept this one

Finally baseball making some positive strides
That 3 batter pitcher rule is crazy. But I do get it as they are desperate to speed up the game. expanding the rosters a little is interesting as well. I wonder if the luxury tax will increase mildly also as a result.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

-26 man roster, love it
-pitchers must face a minimum of 3 batter, don’t like it but if we can get the first 3 I will accept this one

Another change I forgot to mention that was being discussed is one trade deadline. That would be my second favourite to the DH. Having pitchers hit is the worst rule in sports

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
International: Are the blue jays tied to any of the top 5-10 international prospects for this upcoming July 2? In recent years they have, I wonder if the trend continues.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
12:45Kiley McDaniel: Not on the top 5-10
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Well that sucks. Hopefully we snag a bunch of guys in the 11-30 range

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

-26 man roster, love it

Relievers must face 3 batters? Who thinks this is a good idea?

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
If the Jays sign Romo it may be a sign of them going with an opener role this season. He was very effective in that role for the Rays last season. Has relationship with Montoyo.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Hopefully the universal DH leads to home/home series against every team in the league. Would be nice to see some NL guys more than once every six years.

Reactions: sabresEH

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
If the Jays sign Romo it may be a sign of them going with an opener role this season. He was very effective in that role for the Rays last season. Has relationship with Montoyo.

Adding quality, low cost, short-term relief pitching is always good from an asset management perspective, especially in a rebuild.

Can always swing a few pen arms for prospects before the deadline.

Reactions: phillipmike

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Hopefully the universal DH leads to home/home series against every team in the league. Would be nice to see some NL guys more than once every six years.
Could do 2 home and away with every team outside your division leaving 15 games for each division opponent.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Relievers must face 3 batters? Who thinks this is a good idea?

It's about speed of the game.

I would personally make it where if a reliever enters a game, they must finish the inning, unless they give up a run or something like that.

If a team brings in a reliever with 1 out in the 7th. It doesn't make sense to force that reliever to come out in the 8th, if they are just going to exit after the first batter anyway.

Keeping the reliever switches to between innings as much as possible makes more sense to me.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON

I would personally make it where if a reliever enters a game, they must finish the inning, unless they give up a run or something like that.

If a team brings in a reliever with 1 out in the 7th. It doesn't make sense to force that reliever to come out in the 8th, if they are just going to exit after the first batter anyway.

Keeping the reliever switches to between innings as much as possible makes more sense to me.
There were caveats to the proposed rule, one caveat being that a pitcher can face less than 3 batters when ending an inning. With the purpose of speeding up play, it makes no sense to force a pitching change the next inning, when it will be done during a commercial break.

Reactions: Anthrax442

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

I suppose but it seems like a silly way to speed up the game. Especially if it’s a matchup issue that could cost a win or a playoff berth. How about no warm up pitches on the mound

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Not sure why they need to speed up the game. It's fine. Universal DH sounds good to me.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
the 3 batter rules is stupid. The only clear way to shorten game times is to reduce commercials and theyre obviously not going to do that.

I'd rather stay for the extra few minutes than have the league keep tinkering with the game. Of course gotta appease those casual fans :rolleyes:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->