Post-Game Talk (GBU): ROW? We ain't got to show you no stinking ROW...

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Well

G: This is the sort of game a team can build on. Not for this season, even. But in future years they'll know they can win a game when they don't deserve it and that may make all the difference in a young group.

B: They played terribly for about half the game.

U: Idk

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Good -

- Winning a game they got outplayed in
- Kaleta's goal
- Physical play from some of the physical players

The Bad -

- AHL line got dominated most of the night
- Clarkson's slewfoot. Blech.

The Ugly -

- Eh.

indigoo

Nov 26, 2011
Could this be anymore predictable? God its ****ing frustrating.

Great game, champs.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Not sure what is more pathetic.

This team.

This team manages to beat teams.

That Leopold and Regehr had as negative (on ice) of an effect on this team as they did.

S319R11S16

Expect Suffering
Apr 18, 2006
Said it before and I'll say it again. Miller and Ott will not let this team go down without a fight.

(Barring a lottery miracle)

We won't be picking in the top 5.

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
Destroyed-M1-DM-SD-04-03261.JPEG

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
G: This is the sort of game a team can build on. Not for this season, even. But in future years they'll know they can win a game when they don't deserve it and that may make all the difference in a young group.

B: They played terribly for about half the game.

U: Idk

I think you're onto something here. Wins like this and a nice little streak closing out the season would do a TON for the overall offseason morale, high draft pick be damned.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Said it before and I'll say it again. Miller and Ott will not let this team go down without a fight.

(Barring a lottery miracle)

We won't be picking in the top 5.

They still might.

Make no mistake about it.....they were terrible tonight. They will be terrible most nights.

We just have to hope the horseshoe falls out of their ass in the future.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
4 points out of 8th with same # of games played. 9 games to go. Keep it up guys! About 1/5 of the season left to go. Lots of time.

G:
- Ott with some shifts that injected some energy into the team
- Miller looked sharp for most of the night
- Miller was awesome in the shootout
- That Gerbe, Hodgson, Ott goal was a thing of beauty
- Pysyk is looking awesome.

B:
- Myers falling down all of the time. Isn't he an NHL player? He should be able to stay up on his skates.
- Getting hemmed in their own end for extended periods of time.

U:
- People who want the Sabres to lose to get a higher draft pick. Do you know what is more important than any player we could add during the offseason? The players we currently have learning how to win close games.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I think you're onto something here. Wins like this and a nice little streak closing out the season would do a TON for the overall offseason morale, high draft pick be damned.

If late season streaks meant future success this team would be ripping the league apart by now. What is this, four years in a row?

Tonights game will have no bearing on next year with the exception it may cost us a better player in the organization.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
4 points out of 8th with same # of games played. 9 games to go. Keep it up guys! About 1/5 of the season left to go. Lots of time.

G:

B:
- Myers falling down all of the time. Isn't he an NHL player? He should be able to stay up on his skates.

U:
- People who want the Sabres to lose to get a higher draft pick. Do you know what is more important than any player we could add during the offseason? The players we currently have learning how to win close games.

Because that can only happen with these games here.

Opportunity to draft high doesn't come along often. See 1987.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
G: we're a lot better than we thought we could be.
G: Cap'n Ron has put some poise back in the D(although tonight a bit too patient; someone has to activate, esp Hoff on that PP)
B: talk of how we ruined the tank, and will get ninth.
U: Florida, Colorado, and Calgary(they're the REAL uglies, and they don't have the draft picks we do). We're gonna be ok folks.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo

G:

B:

U:

Yeah cause it worked out so well for us before !

Right now, they're learning hey it's okay if we get dominated because we are trolls and we can win!!!

3 in a row, I guess I'm back onto the playoff push.. Until they troll us all and lose the next game against Winnipeg.

moltenlava26

Jul 10, 2011
Good: kaleta, Ott, gerbe, and faux fur winner, Ryan miller.
2-0-0 without captain snooze button.

Bad: Myers turnovers are rediculous. The constant circling behind the net and blind passes to no one. Getting stuck in their zone for a ton of time. Credit to NJ for playing their system to perfection. Penalty box parade. Lazy effort on the short handed goal.

Solid team win. Even with jersey dominating zone time, give credit to the Sabres for keeping the shots to the outside, giving miller a chance to see the point shots and blocking a ton of shots.

Last edited:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Buffalo will lose their next two and the teams they're tanking against will win theirs to once again give us the illusion a top pick may happen. Only about the 5th time its happened this year.

Hockeymad

Nov 17, 2003
G:
- Kaleta's goal
-Teamwork on Otts's goal.
-Goaltending
-Winning when outplayed

B:
- Giving up another shortie
-Giving a point to NJ

U:
-Tyler Myers, reaching, falling, giving up chances, poor positioning. Is he exploring everything you're not supposed to do as a defenseman before he tries to do the right things?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Buffalo will lose their next two and the teams they're tanking against will win theirs to once again give us the illusion a top pick may happen. Only about the 5th time its happened this year.

Just looking at the history of the 7/8/9/10th overall picks in the last 10 years is a sobering look at a lot of failed hope and unfulfilled promise.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Until it doesn't happen, I still think the Sabres will end up 12-13th in the east.

G-
Miller kept them in it
Kaleta's first goal this season

B-
Defensive zone time was obscene! Who has the stats for the time spent in our end?
Bonehead penalties

U-
NBC
Shootouts

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
If late season streaks meant future success this team would be ripping the league apart by now. What is this, four years in a row?

Tonights game will have no bearing on next year with the exception it may cost us a better player in the organization.

I don't want to be a contrarian, but if you're saying your points in a season is no indication where you club is as a whole, then I disagree. We're playing middle of the league hockey with a lot of young guys. How can that be a sign of bad things to come? Because the rotten core we got rid of did it before?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Bad: Myers turnovers are rediculous. The constant circling behind the net and blind passes to no one.

It's pretty hilarious that when I was watching the Johan Larsson AHL compilations some of the Wild fans posted that I kept saying to myself "every single one of the Houston defenders knows how to avoid getting pinned in better than Myers does".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad