58 Toronto Maple Leafs (from Carolina via Buffalo) - Seth Helgeson, D
59 Chicago Blackhawks - Cody Eakin, C
60 Detroit Red Wings - Simon Bertilsson, D
61 Pittsburgh Penguins - Gabriel Lemieux, D

Last edited by a moderator:

JeffYear92*

Good Job

Just a few comments

I do not think Kassian drops all away until 21, I think he goes in the 15-17 range

Love the holland pick at 13 with Buffalo, Holland,Ellis or Moore would be great picks here for Buffalo

I have a feeling that Toronto doesnt pick Schenn, I have a feeling there going to try to move up to get Kane From Vancouver or Msp from Sweden

I think Phx takes Kulikov instead of Cowen at 6

Finally, I think FLA takes Moore or Ellis at there spot to replace J-Bo

*Hopefully Moore,than Deboer can talk him into coming to Kitchener!!**

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I dont think the Rangers would be interested in Ferraro. I know they need a goal scoring winger but they need some size in their top-6 as well. If Kassian, Krieder or Ashton are there they will be taken.

JeffYear92*

I dont think the Rangers would be interested in Ferraro. I know they need a goal scoring winger but they need some size in their top-6 as well. If Kassian, Krieder or Ashton are there they will be taken.

Would you be against The Rangers taking Morin at that spot instead?

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
I could live with Rundblad as the Blues' first-round pick, but they're in need of some scoring wingers in the pipeline.

Hanowski, Silfverberg or Rodin would probably go to the Blues in the second round ahead of the center Eakin; the Blues like Americans and Swedes.

P_B

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
A few things:
1) Canes own the Calgary 2nd, so that pick should be Carolina (from CGY via LA) rather then Calgary (from CAR via LA). And yes, I like the Tatar pick at that point, not 100% sure he'll last that long but the guy is the type of highly skilled top end forward the Canes need BADLY.

2) Pretty sure the Canes won't be picking defense yet again this year in the first round. JR came out publicly the past couple years and stated that he doesn't like how long it typically takes defensemen to develop with the post-lockout UFA rules. Essentially he stated that they have no intentions of taking a player that won't be really developed by the time they hit free agency and would prefer to draft forwards in the first and trade for/sign their defensemen, while still drafting some defensemen in later rounds. So with that said I'd switch De Hann out with either Budish or Ashton.

3) I agree, no goalies in the first round, although I have to think that Lee will likely go before Pasqualle, or at least will go in the top 61 picks.

4) I know this bucks the trend around here, but I agree on Kassian. Unless someone that likes him trades down a few spots to get their guy and pick up an extra pick I see him more likely to go in the 16-25 range then I am to see him in the top 15.

5) Agreed on Schroeder slipping... and I also think that if he goes at #12 there will be half a dozen teams absolutely kicking themselves within 5 years.

Last edited:

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I doubt the Devils go goaltender with their second, unless they swap their two thirds for another second. The Devils will probably go Defense/Center or Center/Defense in the first two rounds.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Im good with the Oilers picks. Carl Klingberg may be the next Johan Franzen IMO.

amnesiac*

Ok, so I put Kassian to STL, I figure theyre content with EJ and Pietrangelo holding the fort for years to come, not to mention Ian Cole.

I do think Glennie will go before him, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
If Tatar is there at #35 pretty sure Kings take him, he publically stated that LA is by far the most interested team in him. If thats good or bad no clue but would make me think LA is looking heavily at him for that 2nd round pick.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Phoenix at 1-6 would take Schenn over any of the d-men. BPA is its announced focus for the draft, so I don't think they deviate among a pretty true consensus on top 6, especially with the ? regarding Cowen's injury..

2-36 Nattinen is an excellent pick there, good value.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I knew coming in here Montreal would get Louis Leblanc;)

Good predictions.

From the little I've read about LL, I am guessing some team will take a chance on him in the top 15, just a guess. I know Woodlief rated him high

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
I like this alot, my only qualm is Ryan O'Reilly. I really don't think he is going to drop that low. Why do you think he is? I am not trying to be a dick or anything either, I just want to hear your opinion on him...

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Ok, so I put Kassian to STL, I figure theyre content with EJ and Pietrangelo holding the fort for years to come, not to mention Ian Cole.

I do think Glennie will go before him, though.

Rundblad was fine as the first-rounder; I don't think Kassian fits the mold of the "typical" St. Louis Blues/Jarmo Kekalainen pick.

It was the selection of a center over wingers in the second round that was an issue. The Blues are deep at center; wingers, not so much.

I can, again, pretty much guarantee that the Blues would look at Chiasson, Hanowski, Rodin or Silfverberg well ahead of Tomas Vincour as their second-round pick.

P_B

Last edited:

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
Would you be against The Rangers taking Morin at that spot instead?
No, I like taking OHL or WHL players in the first round. Last 3 of 4 Ranger first round picks came from OHL. If Ashton, Holland, and Glennie are all gone, Im looking to trade back, possibly to the Icelanders for the 26th and 31st pick. I would think about throwing in the 47th to make it happen, but would rather give up our third round pick.

I think I would pick Morin or Palmieri @ 26 and pick Morin, Palmieri and if gone pick Budish @ 31

amnesiac*

I like this alot, my only qualm is Ryan O'Reilly. I really don't think he is going to drop that low. Why do you think he is? I am not trying to be a dick or anything either, I just want to hear your opinion on him...

agreed, NSH takes him in their back-to-back 2nd rounders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad