Post-Game Talk: Round Robin #1 - Hibernation Continues - Team of Gritty 4 BRUINS 1 F

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
There wasn't much to like in that game and I may be alone here but I liked the effort from Bjork.

I am thinking they will wake up and start winning...I hope it is soon.

Agreed, I thought he was okay as much as anyone was- it's hard to fault any individual player when the whole team was pretty much a shitpile. The group ethic yesterday dragged everyone down.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Bjork and Coyle will be fine if they get a second winger on the line that can show anything. Kuhlman is not that guy

Both Coyle and Bjork had some looks yesterday but didn't finish.
Kuhlman? He would make one heck of a Ringette player.

The pp looked piss poor. TAKE THE SHOT!!! Enough of the cross ice pass for the one timer or tip in. Dummy it down. The ice in Toronto was crap. It did not allow for too many touch passes.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
My god the top line was horrific. I knew they looked bad but those stats are atrocious.

Hopefully if they are trash against next game Cassidy will separate them. Wanted to kill him last year when they got owned by the Blues every shift but Cassidy just kept rolling them out there shift after shift. Meanwhile god forbid someone besides DeBrusk get more than 2 games in a row on Krejci's wing.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I forgot that you can play Ritchie on the 4th line in place of Nordstrom if need be. We have enough PKers. I would try this vs. Tampa if Ritchie/Kase are available:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Studnicka
Bjork-Coyle-Kase
Ritchie-Kuraly-Wagner

???????-Krejci-Studnicka
Bjork-Coyle-Kase
Ritchie-Kuraly-Wagner

We can add any name here and it does not necessarily have to be a hockey player to see an improvement.
Julian Edelman
Joe Pesci
Betty White

Reactions: Strafer

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Agreed, I thought he was okay as much as anyone was- it's hard to fault any individual player when the whole team was pretty much a shitpile. The group ethic yesterday dragged everyone down.
Everybody got an F in my book. That sums it up. A better effort is needed from everybody and the coaching staff too getting them ready.

Reactions: Dr Hook and Strafer

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I thought maybe once things kicked off maybe I`d be interested in watching games but nope, while our boys were broadcast live, my wife and I hit an outdoor market and a few other stops yesterday. Sorry, hockey in August, unless it`s country vs country, for this fan, just doesn`t do it for me

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
We in luxury situation losing these games are meaningless. Leafs lost that's the team I don't want face due to law of average. We cant just keep on beating them all the time. A blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.
I would not say exactly meaningless, for one thing it gives momentum to the other top teams Flyers, Caps and Lightning. This could come into play should they meet later on.

They need a lot of work if they want to be competitive the next couple of games. 1st. round of playoffs will come around quickly and you do not have the luxury of just hanging around for a few games.

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I hate this po formula.
I hate po starting in august.
Nothing good for the Bruins in these po.
This is a whole new condense season played as po.
No families with the players. That means older players are a long way from wife and kids for some time.
So we all need to forget last season, this is a new animal (po). Our core is older and our youngsters exception for 88 ain’t dominant. We will need to wait if the old core we have will get momentum to see what Bruins team will show up at the right time ! I trust these guy.

Reactions: Strafer and BMC

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I would not say exactly meaningless, for one thing it gives momentum to the other top teams Flyers, Caps and Lightning. This could come into play should they meet later on.

They need a lot of work if they want to be competitive the next couple of games. 1st. round of playoffs will come around quickly and you do not have the luxury of just hanging around for a few games.

IMO there's no such thing as game-to-game momentum in the NHL. It changes shift-to-shift.

Reactions: Strafer

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Message to the BRUINS

Don't tell me I waited almost 5 months and this is all you got.

Message to you and others who think like you:

It hasn’t even started yet. If they play like this in the playoffs and are eliminated in round 1, then yes, blame will have to be distributed.

But these games means squat. I don’t care about seeding since there is no home ice anyway.

Get their game ready for game 1 playoffs is all I care. Two more games to get it where it should be.
That’s what matters.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
“Patrice Bergeron not on the ice at Bruins practice. Jack Studnicka centering Brad Marchand and David Pastrnak and Nick Ritchie and Ondrej Kase on either side of David Krejci’s wing on the second line.”

Tuukka practicing.

No worries. Bergeron only has a cracked tibia, three broken fingers, and a ruptured spleen. He just needs a maintenance day :laugh:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Ugh, I thought this was going to be the first time with no lingering Bergeron injury in the playoffs.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
We don't have any idea yet what it is.... Maybe like Chara the other day with a testing issue?
Maybe, I always just assume the worst with Bergeron and injuries. I feel like he'd be chomping at the bit to get back out after a game like yesterday if it was "maintenance". Could be testing though you're right.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Maybe, I always just assume the worst with Bergeron and injuries. I feel like he'd be chomping at the bit to get back out after a game like yesterday if it was "maintenance". Could be testing though you're right.
If they come out with "unfit to participate" the speculation will be worse than "what does body injury mean" in 2013 :laugh: :help:

Reactions: BMC and Trap Jesus

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If they roll out Ritchie and Kase on Krejci's wings I'll be disappionted. The line was awful in their brief stint together and with the limited action Kase/Ritchie have seen I don't see that changing.

Reactions: Blowfish

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I forgot that you can play Ritchie on the 4th line in place of Nordstrom if need be. We have enough PKers. I would try this vs. Tampa if Ritchie/Kase are available:

DeBrusk-Krejci-Studnicka
Bjork-Coyle-Kase
Ritchie-Kuraly-Wagner
I like this lineup, a lot. I would pull Studnicka aside and tell the kid to do his best to find space, let Krejci find him, then shoot. Park Jake around the crease as much as possible and see if he can bang a goal or two in. Third line has a couple borderline 2nd liners, presenting matchup problems for most teams. Fourth line also would present some matchup problems with Ritchie down there, provided he is in shape. Goal scoring is what will make or break the Bs. I think this lineup puts the Bs in a better position to score goals than any number of other possible lines that have offensive nonfactors plugged in throughout.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I havent really been following how the seedings work this year.
But tell me if I have this right?

The Bruins caps Lightning and Flyers are each playing 3 reg season games to determine top 4 in conference??
These other games that are best of 5 are just to see who gets the remaining 4 spots in conference??
How will they seed when all 8 are set? I mean its usually top 3 in division make it, but what if its only 2 from our division?? Do they just seed by best record 1-8 no matter of division???

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I havent really been following how the seedings work this year.
But tell me if I have this right?

The Bruins caps Lightning and Flyers are each playing 3 reg season games to determine top 4 in conference??
These other games that are best of 5 are just to see who gets the remaining 4 spots in conference??
How will they seed when all 8 are set? I mean its usually top 3 in division make it, but what if its only 2 from our division?? Do they just seed by best record 1-8 no matter of division???

They re-seed after each round.

Bos-TB-Wsh-Phi will have seeds 1-4.

They will play in round 1 the 4 winners of the play-in series.

Say Car(6), NYI(7), Clb(9) and Habs(12) win, this will be the 1st round matchups:

1 vs Habs
2 vs Clb
3 vs NYI
4 vs Car

Reactions: DarrenBanks56

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
They re-seed after each round.

Bos-TB-Wsh-Phi will have seeds 1-4.

They will play in round 1 the 4 winners of the play-in series.

Say Car(6), NYI(7), Clb(9) and Habs(12) win, this will be the 1st round matchups:

1 vs Habs
2 vs Clb
3 vs NYI
4 vs Car
oh god. I love any of those matchups round 1 for us. CLB being the toughest obviously

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad