Series Discussion Round One: Dallas Stars (3) vs. Calgary Flames (6) | STARS WIN 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Since we commenced in the bubble our first period stats, through 4 games

Goals For - 0
Goals Against - 6

We havent scored a 1st period goal since we played St Louis on Feb 29. Thats 9 consecutive 1st periods without a goal.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Watching the STL vs VAN game, I'm not sure we would've had a chance against Vancouver at all with the way they're playing right now.

Yea I was definitely hoping for Calgary. We played better for 2 periods, but Vancouver looks much better right now.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
It may be taboo a bit to speculate about Johns' injury, but what gives me optimism that this isn't a head injury situation is Michael Ferland. They're both in similar situations, and when Ferland had a setback, he left the bubble. After the difficulty of John's return to action from 22 months after his concussion, I think it's a pretty reasonable assumption if he had concussion symptoms, he wouldn't return in this tournament and he still wouldn't be in the bubble.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
It may be taboo a bit to speculate about Johns' injury, but what gives me optimism that this isn't a head injury situation is Michael Ferland. They're both in similar situations, and when Ferland had a setback, he left the bubble. After the difficulty of John's return to action from 22 months after his concussion, I think it's a pretty reasonable assumption if he had concussion symptoms, he wouldn't return in this tournament and he still wouldn't be in the bubble.
From what I've heard it's related to his headache syndrome.
But I can't 100% confirm it so take it for what you will

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
From what I've heard it's related to his headache syndrome.
But I can't 100% confirm it so take it for what you will

Whatever you’ve heard is almost certainly baseless speculation. There’s been virtually no credible information about anything injury related come out of the bubble.

Reactions: Kcb12345

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Whatever you’ve heard is almost certainly baseless speculation. There’s been virtually no credible information about anything injury related come out of the bubble.
Well That's true if the person saying it, isn't in said bubble but that's not the case here

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Well That's true if the person saying it, isn't in said bubble but that's not the case here

Would you care to provide actual info or just continue with this said baseless speculation?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The attitude shifts in the team are very, very noticeable and often very rapid.

Maybe they'll be more aware of that going forward, but I doubt it.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Seguin had an interesting quote post game when asked what was it he learned from going up 3-2 against Nashville and St. Louis.

He said that against Nashville, they attacked them. Against St. Louis, they laid back.
It’s gonna be funny when Bowness doesn’t listen and they do it anyways. I’d like to think the players who have been in that position before against St Louis would just step up and be like yeah we’re not doing that. Lol

Reactions: Dynamite Time

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I’ve been very impressed with Oleksaik this series. He’s made some great defensive plays, physical when needed, and smart plays with the puck

I’ve also enjoyed watching Janmark. Way better this series then he was during the season

Hintz needs to get going

Hintz has been better the last period of game 4 and today, but yea, he's still got room for improvement.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Hintz has been better the last period of game 4 and today, but yea, he's still got room for improvement.

Yeah he’s definitely noticeable, I’d just like to see him get a on the scoresheet more

Just saw Janmark got the player of the game from Pavs. Made me wonder if he’s ever gotten it before lol

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I’ve been very impressed with Oleksaik this series. He’s made some great defensive plays, physical when needed, and smart plays with the puck

I’ve also enjoyed watching Janmark. Way better this series then he was during the season

Hintz needs to get going
I agree. Johns has been out, Sekera has been a problem and Lindell hasn’t looked like Lindell. Oleksiak however has been a nice piece all around so far this postseason.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Was anyone else more nervous when Dallas had a powerplay with 5 min to go...or when calgary had the extra man plus a late PP with 2 min to go?

Lol..i spent our whole PP going, dear god please no shorty.
I got especially nervous when Benn received the puck all alone at the point with no one back there with him and he was standing still

mc3488

Jul 2, 2013
Houston, Tx
I still can’t get over that Pavelski hat trick and tying goal. That was legendary clutchness that this team was missing in big games

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Should know Dallas' start time for Thursday soon. Vegas just eliminated Chicago. I'm guessing it's another 4:30 PM start.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'd give anything for this to not be a 9:30 PM CT start. I have such and early morning on Friday for work.

Maybe they'll compromise with not conflicting games and start at say 8:00 PM CT or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad