Series Discussion Round One: Dallas Stars (3) vs. Calgary Flames (6) | STARS WIN 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
The ray of light I see here is our G is better than theirs. We're going to have to hope ours continues to stand on their heads and that we pick up our scoring, because we cant win against any team if we cant score.

I guess it all really just remains to be seen how the matchup goes when they come together. I cant get a clear read just considering stats/strengths/weaknesses.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Really couldn’t have scheduled it for Wednesday and given us two days of rest?

Reactions: Satan

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Bishops lateral movement was even worse than usual in the one game he played . Probably groin injury or something. He gets that alot. Don't think he'll start in game 1 of the series.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Oh good! 3 games in 4 nights and 4 in 6 including today.

Who the f*** is doing this scheduling? This is easiest it could ever be and we still get f***ed.

Reactions: Satan
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
All non-Stars playoff talk here.

Who the f*** is doing this scheduling? This is easiest it could ever be and we still get f***ed.

213771.jpg

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
You can almost smell a Lindell for Marner, or similar trade being discussed at the draft, no? Would actually make some sense, as a real hockey trade from strength to need on both sides. Contracts an issue perhaps, as always.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I feel more comfortable with Dobby. Plus he’s one of the most likable Stars.

Hey, got to go with the hot goalie. Yeah, one in a row isn't much in most cases, but after losing 10, it's something! They are obviously comfy playing in front of Dobber, and may not be if there is the playoff injury to Bishop. How does his body know, given the altered playoff scheduling this year, that it's time to strain something?

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
You can almost smell a Lindell for Marner, or similar trade being discussed at the draft, no? Would actually make some sense, as a real hockey trade from strength to need on both sides. Contracts an issue perhaps, as always.
Every time I think about the idea of bringing in more offense it’s just like why bother they’re going to take a huge step back here

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Sucks i probably won't be able to see much if anthing of the series because well my vacation starts today. I saw a couple of the games start at 4:30 am here so i probably can catch parts of those but the earlier ones unlikely

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan

I would imagine most teams will be affected in this way. My best shot-in-the-dark guess as to why it's this compact:
  1. This season has to be compacted as much as possible to make way for next season
  2. There is no travel between games, which I assume is a major factor in typical playoff situations
  3. I can only imagine the NHL wants to get the teams in-and-out of the bubble as quickly as possible for health and security reasons
I could be totally wrong, but they seem like reasonable possibilities.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Not that the Stars can't hold their own- but if for no other reason I'm glad Perry is on the team if things get chippy.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Not that the Stars can't hold their own- but if for no other reason I'm glad Perry is on the team if things get chippy.

Yeh the Flames definitely have the ability to be more physically imposing, but we are definitely a team where its a lower impact that others..Benn, Perry, Faksa, Oleksiak, Johns..even guys like Lindell and Comeau can play hard and physical if it gets gritty in some games

Reactions: sportswastaken

BigTruzz

Jul 19, 2011
Surrey
Yo

Fantasy question for yall

Does your PP1 have Heiskenen or Klingberg?

And please beat the Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad