Prospect Info: Round 7, Pick 196: Wyatt Kalynuk, D, Bloomington (USHL) -> Wisconsin

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
- York, Zamula, & Wylie are likely the players he has to compete with. As a competitor, why wouldn’t he want to show he’s better than those guys?

Because it's his job and his chance to make millions of dollars in a limited amount of time. I wouldn't blame him at all if he chose to sign elsewhere with less competition and the potential to compete for an NHL job.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I can't imagine why you'd go that far and then sign with the team that drafted you, but I guess anything is possible. It's not like it can be a money issue.

The only scenario I can see it making real sense in is the following...

say Kalynuk REALLY would love to play for Chicago (close to where has spent last 6 years of his life) or Winnipeg (near where grew up).

And he wants to see if those teams offer for him.

And if they dont, then he signs with Flyers...

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Made zero sense for him not to go UFA, get a pitch from every interested team, & compare his options.

This is completely expected, & he’d be stupid not to do it.

Reactions: Larry44

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The only scenario I can see it making real sense in is the following...

say Kalynuk REALLY would love to play for Chicago (close to where has spent last 6 years of his life) or Winnipeg (near where grew up).

And he wants to see if those teams offer for him.

And if they dont, then he signs with Flyers...

That's reasonable, but wouldn't that just get backdoored and he'd know by now? Although even if it did, it wouldn't be admitted today. You'd get pretty much exactly what was leaked.

I think more of these kids should take obvious paths to playing time, so it would be pretty hypocritical of me to complain about this one.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
That's reasonable, but wouldn't that just get backdoored and he'd know by now?

Although even if it did, it wouldn't be admitted today. You'd get pretty much exactly what was leaked.

It depends since if someone found out then in theory that agent could be in trouble as Flyers had exclusive negotiating right. If playing it by the book then no-one else would have been able to offer anything. And while a good prospect he is not a cant miss guy.

And still, could maybe know Chicago are interested... but wants to get a vibe from org etc before commits even if 80% decided say.

I mean, if I was a betting man I put my money on him going somewhere else ofc than Philly!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->