Prospect Info: Round 7, Pick 188: Ivan Fedotov, G, Reaktor Nizhnekamsk (MHL --> KHL)| 3/29/24, CSKA contract terminated, may join Flyers soon

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I thought Fedotov was on the second year of a three year deal, so he'd be available in 2022-23 when he's 26.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Pretty cool for him.

Good sign his performance isn't seen as a fluke, tied for 7th in the KHL in S%.
The six guys ahead of him, 29, 30, 30, 29, 29, 28 years old, guy tied with him also 28 years old.
9th is 25, then 30, 32, 26, 28, 32, 32.
So he's the youngest of the top 15 goalies in S% in the KHL.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Seems like this guy is a sleeper not many people are talking about.

Was curious about both him and Token myself. Hard to gauge their prominence in the organization, both because they were draft picks of the previous regime and because Hart appears set as the Flyers goalie for the foreseeable future; plus the fact that Philadelphia has used three third round picks on goalies that appear to be higher priorities for the Flyers.

Interesting guy to keep an eye on though.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
The problem is AV not even knows him most likely. But they will say it doesnt matter. We can sign another bad Backup every year, like this year

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Meh, no one was ready this year.
Sandstrom, Ersson in the AHL, Fedotov, Kolosov in the KHL, Ustimenko as the sleeper, Tomek, Ross are history.
There's a reason they only wanted a veteran who'd sign a one year deal.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Meh, no one was ready this year.
Sandstrom, Ersson in the AHL, Fedotov, Kolosov in the KHL, Ustimenko as the sleeper, Tomek, Ross are history.
There's a reason they only wanted a veteran who'd sign a one year deal.
Yeah no need to develop these guys to get ready. Just sign vets. Some of these tenders should be banging down the door by now... just like the skaters

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Yeah no need to develop these guys to get ready. Just sign vets. Some of these tenders should be banging down the door by now... just like the skaters

Well in a surprise move they actually did NOT sign another Vet as the 3rd string goalie this season.
I can live with our draft picks starting in LHV battling it out for first callup in case of injuries.

But they really need to stop picking up some tweener like Oulette, Labarbera, Tokarski, Berube, you name them every f***ing year.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Well in a surprise move they actually did NOT sign another Vet as the 3rd string goalie this season.
I can live with our draft picks starting in LHV battling it out for first callup in case of injuries.

But they really need to stop picking up some tweener like Oulette, Labarbera, Tokarski, Berube, you name them every f***ing year.

Pretty sure they did bring a scrub vet. Cant think of his name and I guess he could end up in the ECHL so we'll see.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Given Sandstrom's injury history, Ustimenko coming back off hip surgery, I'm sure they have a veteran scrub for depth somewhere.

None of these prospects are ready this year, Fedotov is under contract, Kolosov is a 19 year old we drafted in the 3rd rd (and so far, looks like a huge steal), Sandstrom is 24 but injuries have really slowed his development (over the last six years, 93 SHL games and 13 AHL games, he just doesn't have much pro level experience), Ersson (22 in Oct) has 82 SHL games under his belt.

This year will give a better read on these four and their NHL readiness, if Fedotov and Kolosov finish in the top ten in the KHL in S% they are prime candidates, if Sandstrom and Ersson shine in the AHL, same.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Fedotov flew under the radar b/c he's a late bloomer.
At 6'8 it took him some time to develop body control, but three years ago, starting in the MHL and carrying on to the KHL, something clicked.
To understand how good his season really is look at him and his backup:
Fedotov .927 S%
Reideborn .903 S%
Reideborn is 29, a refugee from the SHL, where his last three seasons: .914, .937, .929, and then two KHL seasons, .913, .931 (.958 in 5 PO games).
So it's not like Fedotov beat out some scrub for the starting job.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
The more I read and watch about Fedotov, the more utterly convinced I am that this guy will be challenging Hart for the starting job in a few seasons. That will be a good problem to have. Damn athletic for a 6’8 goalie, seriously what a monster so long as he can stay healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad