Prospect Info: Round 7, Pick 188: Ivan Fedotov, G, Reaktor Nizhnekamsk (MHL --> KHL)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He is huge!

I do like how we have guys in different leagues and they can be stashed away for awhile if need be. And it should help with not having a logjam in the AHL.

Hextall has certainly re-vamped our entire prospect pipeline.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He is huge!

I do like how we have guys in different leagues and they can be stashed away for awhile if need be. And it should help with not having a logjam in the AHL.

We've gone from no defensive prospects, no goalie prospects, and super weak offensive prospects to insane defensive prospects, a ton of promising goalie prospects, and some very good offensive prospects in just a few years.

Imagine a prospect scrimmage between our prospect group now vs what we had 5 years ago... the score would look like a football game.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
We've gone from no defensive prospects, no goalie prospects, and super weak offensive prospects to insane defensive prospects, a ton of promising goalie prospects, and some very good offensive prospects in just a few years.

Imagine a prospect scrimmage between our prospect group now vs what we had 5 years ago... the score would look like a football game.

... something like 1-0, then? :sarcasm:

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
How many years do the Flyers own Fedotov's rights? I think NHL teams used to hold the rights of European draftees indefinitely but I know that has changed.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
He is huge!

When they took him he seemed like a mystery longshot pick. Now not so much. If he pans out, and Vorobyov and Rubstov too, Ken Hoodikoff will achieve legendary status like Simon Nolet.

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Played for the first time in forever today.

Stopped 18/19 (.947 sv%) in a 5-1 win.

.930 sv% over his 6 games in the VHL this season. 4/6 he has been over .940 sv%. 5/6 over .910 sv%.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
https://www.championat.com/hockey/a...lavate-vesterlunde-kaprizove-i-zaharkine.html

Salavat's GM said today that his favoured approach to goalies is to have one experienced guy starting and a 'young charge' as back-up.

Said he 'feels' one of the young goalies will be in this role next year. Mentions Fedotov amongst the names. Logically he could well be that guy - Litvinov is older but out of contract at end of season.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Made his Salavat Yulaev Ufa debut today.

Was back-up, likely as regular back-up Kareyev was ill/injured.

Then Scrivens had an absolute shocker, let in 4 inside 30 mins... so Fedotov came in in relief.

Did a decent job. Stopped 22/24 shots (.917 sv%)... both goals against were Kovalchuk on the PP.

Only his 2nd KHL game. First was 2 1/2 years ago in relief for Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

I've watched a couple of the games now and he has looked very good.

Only a matter of time at this rate until he gets a KHL call-up... though it will probably take an injury, as Salavat have a Russian NT goalie and a Finnish NT goalie as their rotation, Metsola and Kareyev.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
How long do they retain his rights?
At some point, if he's blocked from the KHL, you might want to encourage him to come over to face tougher competition if he keeps dominating the VHL.

But it shows the depth Hextall has built up in the goalie pipeline, and as we've seen the last two years, you can never have too many goalies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
How long do they retain his rights?
At some point, if he's blocked from the KHL, you might want to encourage him to come over to face tougher competition if he keeps dominating the VHL.

But it shows the depth Hextall has built up in the goalie pipeline, and as we've seen the last two years, you can never have too many goalies.

Indefinitely as he was drafted out of Russia.

I imagine if he keeps playing like this he has a KHL spot next year on Salavat or elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->