Prospect Info: Round 7, Pick 188: Ivan Fedotov, G, Reaktor Nizhnekamsk (MHL --> KHL)| 3/29/24, CSKA contract terminated, may join Flyers soon

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Looks like he'll be ready to compete for a starting KHL berth next season.
Give him 2-3 years to develop, then if you have room, you can bring him over.
Nice stash in the 7th round, high upside, almost zero risk.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Fedotov picked up a 3-2 OT win yesterday in the MHL.

He stopped 21/23 shots (.913 sv%).

He also picked up a primary assist on a short-handed goal! :laugh:

Marty Brodeur with Eric Lindros' frame. Good ****in luck, Kreider.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Back to back games in last two days against Vorobyov's Tolpar team.

Yesterday lost 3-1. (stopped 24/27, .889 sv%)
Today won 3-2. (stopped 30/33, .909 sv%)

.917 sv% on the season so far in 18 games.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Do you see him in the same league again next year? Chance of moving up?

He has done ok in the MHL this year (above average for a guy his age) and has already played 1 KHL game and been backup a few times this season.

He may have a chance to be a KHL backup, or maybe play in the VHL. But I have no idea how highly his parent club value/rate him really.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
He has done ok in the MHL this year (above average for a guy his age) and has already played 1 KHL game and been backup a few times this season.

He may have a chance to be a KHL backup, or maybe play in the VHL. But I have no idea how highly his parent club value/rate him really.

I highly, highly doubt that his KHL team plans to have him as a backup next year. They have a solid first goalie in Sudnitsin, which I guess they will resign this summer, and this year they went for solid KHL backup goalie Ivan Lisutin. They also have a finn there, Kolppanen, who likely will leave the team. All the goalies have expiring contracts, but the odds are really against him at this point.
Nothing to be worried about, he's young. I think next year he'll line up in the VHL, for Neftekhimik affiliates Neftyanik Almetievsk. They are a decent VHL franchise, this should be good for his development.
But anything can happen, we should at least wait a bit to understand if they'll be able to re-sign Sudnitsin or if they'll lose him to a more wealthy club.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I highly, highly doubt that his KHL team plans to have him as a backup next year. They have a solid first goalie in Sudnitsin, which I guess they will resign this summer, and this year they went for solid KHL backup goalie Ivan Lisutin. They also have a finn there, Kolppanen, who likely will leave the team. All the goalies have expiring contracts, but the odds are really against him at this point.
Nothing to be worried about, he's young. I think next year he'll line up in the VHL, for Neftekhimik affiliates Neftyanik Almetievsk. They are a decent VHL franchise, this should be good for his development.
But anything can happen, we should at least wait a bit to understand if they'll be able to re-sign Sudnitsin or if they'll lose him to a more wealthy club.

Thanks for the info.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Fedotov stopped 29/31 (.935sv%) in a 3-2 OT win today to take MHL playoff 1st round tie to 5th and final game.

His team battled back from 2-0 down in series and now it is 2-2.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Fedotov's season came to an end today, he stopped 29/31 (.935sv%) in a 2-1 OT loss today as his team lost 1st round of MHL playoffs 3 games to 2.

Fedotov finished the 5 game playoff series with a very respectable .916sv%, 2w, 2l, 1otl.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
It looks like Sudnitsin will move to Lokomotiv Yaroslavl. Now, this will hardly have an impact on Fedotov, considering that the team will surely sign at least another goalie if the rumor will become true, but this may mean also some more space for him.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
It looks like Fedotov will be traded to Salavat Yulaev Ufa for their backup goalie Khakimov and former prospect Kirill Kabanov. Good news for Fedotov who could potentially be Svedberg's backup. He may get some games as the Swede didn't play well and I don't think he's a great goalie, so he may get some time. More to follow

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Fedotov was traded to Salavat Yulaev Ufa (KHL). It's confirmed now per elite prospects. Means both our russian prospects (Fedotov, Vorobyov) will play for Ufa next season.

Svedberg / Fedotov should be their goalie tandem.

Is he actually planning on coming over?

Now when he was traded to Ufa and has pretty good chance to play there, I doubt it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad