Prospect Info: Round 7, Pick 188: Ivan Fedotov, G, Reaktor Nizhnekamsk (MHL --> KHL)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
  • Born November 28, 1996 (age 18)
  • Saint Petersburg, Russia
  • Height 6 ft 6 in (198 cm)
  • Weight 192 lb (87 kg; 13 st 10 lb)
  • Position Goaltender
  • Catches Left

-----------------------------

Then, with the Flyers’ last pick of the draft in the seventh round, Hextall signed off on yet another goalie, and this one he had to talk to Flyers chairman Ed Snider about.

“If we got a sleeper it’s the guy we picked in the seventh round,†Hextall said. “I’m sure some people in the hockey world don’t know who he is.â€

Then, referencing Snider, Hextall said, “I told him there’s a 6-8 goalie out there and he said, ‘Woah, why don’t you take him?’â€

So in comes seventh-rounder Ivan Fedotov, an 18-year-old whose internet resume only lists one game in the Kontinental Hockey League last season. Oh, and Hextall might have been a little off on the centimeter translation, as Fedotov is mostly listed as being 6-6.

Stolarz size.

“He’s a young kid, he’s green, he’s raw,†Hextall said. “You get the guy in the seventh round, you say, ‘I might strike out, I might hit a home run.’ So we felt the risk/reward at that point was worth it.â€

http://www.delcotimes.com/sports/20150627/third-round-yields-a-couple-of-goalie-prospects-for-flyers

Last edited by a moderator:

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Goalies take a lot of time to develop, mostly 3-5 years till they can even pin down a backup spot in one of the main European leagues.

No reason to assume they will have a logjam at that position anytime soon. Personally, I would have preferred another forward though.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm fine with it. We won't be draft a goalie for a few years unless we have a slam dunk fall to us. With our defensive prospect pool and the way we addressed goalie in this draft, we're likely to see a siege of offensive draft picks next year. Especially since you have to imagine we'll be looking to dump Schenn, Grossman and possibly Streit for picks. Of course, RJ, AMac, and Vinny, would be great but unlikely.

I'd assume we're drafting offense with the first and second rounders next year. I'm actually very excited now that we seem to have shored up our defense for the future and have a bunch of guys in the pool at goalie with Mason on the front lines.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
should of drafted da goon instead right?:sarcasm:
I thought you said these picks don't matter or something to that affect. if he doesn't work out its not the end of the world.

I said it doesn't matter if it is a bad pick. Certainly not worth complaining over five years down the road (cough...Luuko...cough). That doesn't mean that I have to like the pick.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I'm fine with it. We addressed the two positions our NHL group is in most desperate need of (sooner or later) and we added Konecny and Marody who both look like great pickups for where they were picked, especially Konecny. Our entire prospect pool, all positions, were pretty much utter **** not long ago. Can't expect to repair it all at once or for it all to be perfect at once.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Reaktor lost their first MHL game of the season 7-1 earlier today.

Fedotov started and allowed 4 goals on 18 shots for a .778 sv%... and was relieved just before the half way point of the game.

The consolation is that his backup came in and put up a .727 sv%.

Looking into it he allowed one goal on the first 14-15 shots he faced seemingly... then 3 on the next 3-4 shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->