Prospect Info: Round 7, Pick 188: Ivan Fedotov, G, Reaktor Nizhnekamsk (MHL --> KHL)| 3/29 CSKA contract terminated, may join Flyers soon, new contract 4/23 2x3.25M

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Can he fix the power play?

images

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Ant says there's still a lot that has to happen before this can happen, to the point that he's eschewing whether or not this is actual news. Says we need to wait a few days. 'Nothing to report from a Flyers perspective.' But believes that Athletic reporting is accurate.
Ant isn’t very useful, is he.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A day after doubling down on the recalls. Tough couple days for the guy

Why would Kevin Hayes do this?
Looks like ‘nothing actually happened’ the company line from CB, even as it happened

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Looks like ‘nothing actually happened’ the company line from CB, even as it happened

Shocking I tell you

• Haha
Reactions: Larry44

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Remember when we thought Briere couldn’t be worse than Cuck? Those were fun times.

Coming soon to a ring of hell near you!

Farabee traded for a 30 year old checking center with grit and leadership skills

Konecny re-signed at 10 million per for 8 years

Frost traded for a late 3rd round pick

Brink traded for 6’2 winger who never makes it out of the AHL

And, with the 12th pick in the 2024 draft, the Flyers select their future 3rd line center.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think people aren’t aware the realities of the economics of dealing with older Russian players. This was what I was expecting, honestly.

Reactions: renberg and Larry44

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I think people aren’t aware the realities of the economics of dealing with older Russian players. This was what I was expecting, honestly.
Then you walk away.
You don’t sign a player to a shitty contract just so you can get a deal done. They have plenty of goaltenders in the pipeline and for next season, you just go with Ersson and a journeyman vet on a 1 year deal.

It’s a bad signing.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

Even if this is true, and they had an idea of what it would cost keep him around, don’t even bother bringing him over?

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Fedotov had no leverage other than potentially burying his NHL aspirations.
It's not like he would have gotten anything close to that from any other NHL franchise - in fact, he may have struggled to even get a couple of 1 year NHL contract offers.

And how come the Flyers never ever negotiate performance bonuses?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad