Prospect Info: Round 7, Pick 188: Ivan Fedotov, G, Reaktor Nizhnekamsk (MHL --> KHL)| 3/29 CSKA contract terminated, may join Flyers soon, new contract 4/23 2x3.25M

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
A tax would suggest that there are other reasons they get the deal they had other than their evaluations. A lot of teams do what you're saying, they're not the only ones.
Thank you Merriam-Webster. What I meant was that some players, like Seeler, Deslauriers, and Laughton, got more salary and/or term because of what they represent to this franchise's culture than actual on-ice performance.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I don't really understand the overreaction here if I'm honest.

This is obviously what it cost to get him out of Russia. I wasn't sold on his ability in those three games, but I also recognise the poor bloke doesn't even have equipment that fits yet. He's a boom/bust prospect. If he hits, then Holy shit does our goaltending pipeline suddenly look impressive.

A full offseason on small ice, English lessons, getting comfortable being out of Russia, sorting out living arrangements. People always forget the human element to moves like this. He now has a real chance to be an NHL goaltender. If all it took was 3m on the cap, I'll take it.

We have Atkinson, Johansen, Deslauries and Peterson all coming off the cap next year, Ellis and Risto the year after.

There's still a liklihood of Konecny and Laughton being moved. The flyers are going to be flush with cap space in 2 years time.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It's less I think he's a bad player (he's a perfectly cromulent bottom sixer)
Or your 5on5 1C in a must win game 82 under John Tortorella.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F89bd60fb-4746-44cb-b839-4ac426af9f35_640x480.jpeg

There's still a liklihood of Konecny and Laughton being moved. The flyers are going to be flush with cap space in 2 years time.
I think TK gets a $72,000,000 deal on July 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad