Prospect Info: Round 6 - Pick #182 - C Riley Duran - Youngstown Phantoms / USHL - 20/21

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

EjwnxOXX0AIuTlX

Riley Duran at eliteprospects.com

Ranked #296 by FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS
Ranked #207 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #95 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters)

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicat

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013

If Divver likes the pick, I like the pick.

He can't make Providence College despite being a big lad and PC having a down season?

Providence's centers were pretty much crap last season, though I don't know what commits they've got showing up this year.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
He can't make Providence College despite being a big lad and PC having a down season?

Providence's centers were pretty much crap last season, though I don't know what commits they've got showing up this year.

well we might have an answer to that depth with this pick in about 5 years

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

I don't think PC is playing this winter

Reactions: BlackFrancis

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Did it? Scouts missed a few games and playoffs perhaps. Had the entire season to be scouting.
Have you been living under a rock in the last 7 months? The world shut down in February and the US in March. The bulk of scouting happens between January - April and then during international tournaments which were all canceled

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Have you been living under a rock in the last 7 months?

They would have been scouting the 19-20 season. I don't pretend to know every league but if they started last September and shut down in late March....

There should have been a plethora of scouting notes to compare.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
They would have been scouting the 19-20 season. I don't pretend to know every league but if they started last September and shut down in late March....
They probably did start early but then they lost a lot of time to fine tune their lists from outside of the US.

Covid had an impact on the draft no doubt. Will be interesting to see the breakdown of where players were from.

Back to the draft pick. Sounds decent

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
I swear to Bergy, the next person that posts something moderately unflattering about the Pride of Woburn is gonna have to answer to me.

And by "answer to me", I mean I'm probably going to block them for like at least five, maybe as many as 10 minutes.

Reactions: sarge88 and CDJ

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Have you been living under a rock in the last 7 months? The world shut down in February and the US in March. The bulk of scouting happens between January - April and then during international tournaments which were all canceled

Didn't seem to effect any other teams.

Only the Bruins are picking all American kids.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I swear to Bergy, the next person that posts something moderately unflattering about the Pride of Woburn is gonna have to answer to me.

And by "answer to me", I mean I'm probably going to block them for like at least five, maybe as many as 10 minutes.

This is our first legitimate draft pick and one I am excited for after reading those reports. I can't see anything negative about this late round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad