Prospect Info: Round 5 - Pick #151 - D Mason Langenbrunner - Eden Prairie High / USHS-MN - 19/20

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Well the Bruins saved a ton of money on scouting this year. They only had to watch their past draft picks to find guys for this draft and ask one about their own kid. No other travel required. Sounds like the Bobby Orr story !!??

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I didn't realize the N in NHL stood for nepotism. I don't want to bad mouth Langenbrunner's kid because who knows, maybe he becomes somebody and the Bruins just happened to have the inside track. I just loathe the way the Bruins have handled this draft and him being taken in the 5th round given the lack of talent in the US draft pool this year in comparison to what was in Canadian Juniors kind of baffles me.

That said, we'll see how this Mason kid develops once he comes to the Hockey East under Donato at Harvard come 21-22.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I didn't realize the N in NHL stood for nepotism. I don't want to bad mouth Langenbrunner's kid because who knows, maybe he becomes somebody and the Bruins just happened to have the inside track. I just loathe the way the Bruins have handled this draft and him being taken in the 5th round given the lack of talent in the US draft pool this year in comparison to what was in Canadian Juniors kind of baffles me.

That said, we'll see how this Mason kid develops once he comes to the Hockey East under Donato at Harvard come 21-22.
Detroit just picked Kris Draper's kid

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
LOL. I just checked in and got a chuckle seeing that we've drafted Mason.

I actually know this kid and and am pretty good friends with his high school coach. His aunt actually works for me. He's a good kid, comes from a great family and a solid Minnesota High School program (produced Nick Leddy).

Whether or not he's gonna be an NHLer is way too early to tell (and I don't really care TBH.) I'm just really happy for this kid right now. Its nice to see great kids take one step closer to their dream.

PS: Anyone losing their minds over who we've taken in this draft needs to calm the f*** down......NHL draft is a total crapshoot, especially after the first round.

Last edited:

duffy

Feb 12, 2006

It seems that DS likes to pick players going to University because he has more time before he has to offer them a contract. Good plan if you draft good players, as you see their talent as older players before getting stuck with a dud. But if you pick all reaches, employees kids, and give away a pick you are probably wasting an entire draft! That was my take on today's dumpster fire! I don't know why the Bruins brass even wasted their time today, they should have just traded all their picks to Toronto for their picks next year.

Reactions: EvilDead

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
His interview with NESN did not impress me. Does not come across as the brightest... but it was a quick first impression and we shall see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad