Prospect Info: Round 5, Pick #143: Samuel Ersson, G, Västeräs (Allsvenskan)

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Following him almost every game last 2 years he is really good on a bad team ,he is a future nr 1 in NHL.
Seeing goaltenders last 30 years developp from sweden he is top 5 on that list.
And so it begins...

Looking back at my post 2 years ago i am very happy Ersson is what i thought he could become one day.there are going to be bumps on the way but i think flyers has a very good goalie in him.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
And so it begins...

Looking back at my post 2 years ago i am very happy Ersson is what i thought he could become one day.there are going to be bumps on the way but i think flyers has a very good goalie in him.
It'll be interesting if Fedotov breaks free, b/c he was a premier KHL goalie who dominated the playoffs.
Not sure who I'd rank higher, Ersson or Fedotov.

Reactions: yzerman

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It'll be interesting if Fedotov breaks free, b/c he was a premier KHL goalie who dominated the playoffs.

Fedotov doesn't exist. He's vaporware. They're never letting him go anytime soon. He would be foolish to defect because the shameless gangster state would punish his family.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Fedotov doesn't exist. He's vaporware. They're never letting him go anytime soon. He would be foolish to defect because the shameless gangster state would punish his family.
Setting up for the pivot if something happens to Ersson is all that post is about. Then the pivot will blame Russia for not letting him come over and also Hextall for drafting him knowing this could happen.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Ersson for me. Always has been.

Just a better technical goalie. Has been a "pro" since he was about 18 in terms of positioning and ease of movement. Fedotov is a crazy athlete but relies on his size more and gets scrambly a bit more often, which I think translates worse to smaller ice where you have less time than on bigger ice.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

Just a better technical goalie. Has been a "pro" since he was about 18 in terms of positioning and ease of movement. Fedotov is a crazy athlete but relies on his size more and gets scrambly a bit more often, which I think translates worse to smaller ice where you have less time than on bigger ice.

I guess the question comes down to, when does Ersson get the full look, if ever? Or do you think he'll be traded before then?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I believe I liked what I saw from Ersson coming out of preseason more, too. He seemed to hold angles better.

Reactions: usahockey22flyers

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
When he was selected, I thought that Sandstrom had a shot to be at least a backup in the NHL. I still do but Ersson has more than him. The question is whether Ersson can be a number one? There have been whispers that he is the best Swedish goaltending prospect since The King. It’s going to be a nice problem for the Flyers.

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
Hart couldnt keep it in his pants. Rip him. Hope we trade him to the oilers for their young defenseman who they cant pay!

Reactions: renberg

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
So this pretty much means Sandstrom is AHL-bound? Does Sandstrom have any trade value or is he just AHL starter/NHLbackup level moving forward? With all the goalie prospects we have hopefully one of them can replace Hart.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This signing just means they like Ersson, who Torts wanted to keep, but it made more sense for him to play on a regular basis in LHV than backup Hart, given he lost the previous season to injury. He's got starter potential down the road.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ersson isn't as athletic as Hart, but he's more consistent, rarely lets in a softee and has great instincts and positioning. Going forward, he might be the better goalie.

I think Flyers have to wait for two things, the report to come out and Hart exonerated, and for Kosolov to come over and show he can be the backup to Ersson, before making a trade. In today's NHL you need a backup who can play 30 games, the days of playing your starter 60+ games are pretty much history.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad