Prospect Info: Round 5, Pick 139, Linus Hogberg , D, Vaxjo Lakers, Sweden

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He better not bolt to another team.

It would really suck to lose him, Allison and Laczynski for nothing. All looked like top 9 or top 4 Dmen during these development years. Even if it isn't with us, they would have had trade value.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He better not bolt to another team.

It would really suck to lose him, Allison and Laczynski for nothing. All looked like top 9 or top 4 Dmen during these development years. Even if it isn't with us, they would have had trade value.

Would really shake my faith in Fletcher to it's core if this happens.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I may be reading too much into this, and maybe he was told not to talk about it, but isn't it somewhat concerning that it seems like the Flyers aren't interested in signing him?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The other explanation is that Fletcher is a ****ing idiot. I guess we'll see.

So far Fletcher has done nothing to suggest he's a prime candidate for the Edmonton job.
He didn't make any panic moves at the TDL, he hired a solid veteran coach (maybe he could have gambled, but it's hard to beat AVs' credentials).
And he's repeatedly said he learned from his mistakes in Miinnesota, specifically pointing to the Leddy trade and the need to keep your top prospects.

So right now I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, come July 15?????

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It makes sense to sign Hogberg and Lycksell at the end of the season, bring them over together, and let them have a familiar face and a copatriot next year (or even this spring if Phantoms make a playoff run) in LHV. Will there be other Swedish players with the Phantoms next year?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
How physically developed is Hogberg?

If they thought he needed more strength, it makes sense they'd leave him in the SHL for another season, letting him get experience and physically mature before they put him in the AHL (and potentially the NHL at some point next year).

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
How physically developed is Hogberg?

If they thought he needed more strength, it makes sense they'd leave him in the SHL for another season, letting him get experience and physically mature before they put him in the AHL (and potentially the NHL at some point next year).

He is not a "big" guy. 6'1 and I would guess ~185-190lbs. But he has zero trouble in board battles vs guys 10 years older and 20lbs heavier in the SHL.

Average SHL height+weight+age: 72.6 inches, 191lbs, 26.2
Average AHL height+weight: 72.9 inches, 194lbs, 24.1
Average NHL height+weight: 73.1 inches, 198lbs, 27.3

Ofc the AHL is on smaller ice and a bit more physical, but SHL is the most physical European league and the players are more experienced.

I mean, they would have to sign him and then loan him back, as his rights expire at years end.

I personally think AHL makes most sense. Get him used to North American ice. After this year I am not sure he has "that" much left to do in Sweden if he keeps playing the way he started this year.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, I was just thinking that maybe they felt one more year in the SHL would be better while he filled out.
Next year of course, if they sign him it would be to start in the AHL.

Reactions: Appleyard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->