Prospect Info: Round 5, Pick 139, Linus Hogberg , D, Vaxjo Lakers, Sweden

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, he should dominate at this level after 4 years in the SHL, but it's good to see him having fun with offense.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Well, he should dominate at this level after 4 years in the SHL, but it's good to see him having fun with offense.

Allsvenskan this year is at a better level than usual though...

Hogberg is on a blue-line with Lagesson, who has NHL experiences, and is getting tougher minutes and scoring slightly more at 5v5.

He is playing at a similar/better level than guys like William Lagesson, Evan Bouchard, Victor Soderstrom, Frank Corrado, Filip Westerlund, Gustav Lindström, Jesper Lindgren, Jakob Ragnarsson and Axel Andersson etc.

Really encouraging.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think he could hold his own now as a #6 for ~10-15 games.

Maybe 2021-22 can step in. Depends how adapts to NA ice.

I think strength is the other issue, didn't Flahr talk about that, they wanted him to get stronger.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
How much of Hogberg's improvement is due to the opportunity to showcase his offensive chops and how much is simply dominating weaker competition?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
How much of Hogberg's improvement is due to the opportunity to showcase his offensive chops and how much is simply dominating weaker competition?

I guess a mix. But opportunity I would say has a slightly bigger % in its favour.

Allsvenskan is strong right now. And he is looking amongst best Dmen.

Tonights game had 4x guys who played in NHL last year:

Adam Werner, Marcus Sorensson, Jacob Larsson, Joel Kellman.

And Lagesson would have been if not injured.

And on top of that because there are a couple of guys on most SHL and Liiga teams who would be in NHL/AHL, there have been several players who are legit players at that level pushed to Allsvenskan.

Basically most teams right now has ~5+ players who are legit bottom six NHL/top six SHL level guys on their teams.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Well, if the SHL is that deep this year, it means Andrae holding his own is more impressive, as well.

There are probably ~30 players in the SHL this year who normally would not be. Guys loaned who would be in the NHL/AHL add up to ~20-25 or so...

and then there are also ~5 or so guys like Broberg who might have been.
and then there are also ~5 or so guys who would probably normally be in KHL/NLA.

Not *quite* the increase in quality that Allsvenskan has had. But still a bit of a bump vs normal.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad