Prospect Info: Round 5, Pick 139, Linus Hogberg , D, Vaxjo Lakers, Sweden

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
They have kept tabs on him, been involved in working with him on what can improve etc.

Flyers thought it better he go back to SHL than AHL.

I would guess they will sign him... but not 100% sure.
ok so not like they soured on him then, thats good.

Reactions: Appleyard

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They have kept tabs on him, been involved in working with him on what can improve etc.

Flyers thought it better he go back to SHL than AHL.

I would guess they will sign him... but not 100% sure.

That makes sense, given the quality of play is the same, a lot of young players may develop better where they have a comfort zone.
Then when he's close to NHL ready, you bring them over to the AHL to acclimate to NA hockey.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
@Appleyard will obviously have an in-depth breakdown on Hogberg, as Sweden is his specialty, but I'll just throw in my 2 cents.

I thought he was excellent at the WJ Summer Showcase. Unfortunately, he did not receive much ice time at the World Juniors. Mostly just receiving PK minutes.

I caught a few of his Champions League games that TSN/NHLN would carry. Again, he looked very good. Since then I have not seen him at all. The SHL is a blind spot for me.

I assume this means Kalynuk will not be signing here. I am happy they awarded the contract spot to Hogberg.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Good to see him signed, don’t know if he’s an NHL player or not but certainly worth the lottery ticket at this point especially when you got guys down there who at this point are for sure minor leaguers at best.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Nope, because Hagg is the luckiest player in the NHL. :laugh: His teammates bail him out or the opponents choke.

*this is actually true, not a joke, according to statistics
Hagg.jpg

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Good to see him signed, don’t know if he’s an NHL player or not but certainly worth the lottery ticket at this point especially when you got guys down there who at this point are for sure minor leaguers at best.
He's smart, he can skate, move the puck and defend. Enough size not to get run over. We'll see. Would be great if he could push for a spot in a year or two, that would mean he's really good because there is going to be lots of competition.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Nope, because Hagg is the luckiest player in the NHL. :laugh: His teammates bail him out or the opponents choke.

*this is actually true, not a joke, according to statistics
Are you sure it’s not that fact that he’s a HITTING machine where he just separates pucks from players and has a monster shot
*Carchidi Special*

Reactions: Striiker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad