Prospect Info: Round 5, Pick #132: Terrance Amorosa, Defense, Holderness (USHS-NH)

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
I know plenty of people who have played with and against him, and it's my understanding that his game took some fairly large strides between his sophomore year and his junior year (last season).

USHR (a New England hockey journal) had this to say about him after the season he had:

So I believe what you're saying, but he may be quite a bit better than you remember.

That being said, I highly doubt he ever amounts to anything. And though he put up 26 points in 29 games, he wasn't dominant at the prep level and Holderness plays a terribly easy schedule. I'd say this pick was worse than Goulbourne, but nobody on here can really be outraged by it because they know very little about prep hockey. :laugh:

I know phil johanson aswell and he is not an elite player for his age either.

Most prep guys are not on the same level as the chl or ushl guys.

A friend of mine john gilmour got drafted aswell from providence and despite being a year older then terrance he has much more potential.

btw terrance is a good kid with a great attitude. Him getting drafted is still shocking.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
A friend of mine told me about him getting drafted today and I was in shock.

The kid played on my midget team 2 years ago and was one of are weakest players. He was already over 6`0 tall at that point and still had trouble.

I play in a beer league now with a former qmjhl, junior a, and junior aaa(quebec) players and we were gonna call him to play with us for 2 games but we decided not too because we did not think he was strong enough......now he gets drafter to the nhl a few months later.

I have not seen him play for over a year but I really dont think he could make any qmjhl team.

Amorosa off to a good start with 7 points in 8 games. I always remember this douchebag post and hoping he makes it one day.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He's a fifth rd pick, odds of playing 200 games or more in the NHL are only 12%.
So if you hit on one in eight, you're doing OK.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
A friend of mine told me about him getting drafted today and I was in shock.

The kid played on my midget team 2 years ago and was one of are weakest players. He was already over 6`0 tall at that point and still had trouble.

I play in a beer league now with a former qmjhl, junior a, and junior aaa(quebec) players and we were gonna call him to play with us for 2 games but we decided not too because we did not think he was strong enough......now he gets drafter to the nhl a few months later.

I have not seen him play for over a year but I really dont think he could make any qmjhl team.

I have been rooting for him since this post. Good luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->