Prospect Info: Round 5, Pick #132: Terrance Amorosa, Defense, Holderness (USHS-NH)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Coming up

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?dpid=83127

• Position: Defenseman
  • Shoots: Left
  • Height: 6' 1"
  • Weight: 185
  • Born: November 13, 1994
  • Drafted: 2013: PHI (5th Round / 132nd Overall)
-----------------------------

http://www.holderness.org/podium/de...tid=148258&sdb=False&pf=pgrw&mode=0&vcm=False

Terrance Amorosa '14 from Kirkland, Quebec, Canada was drafted by the Philadelphia Flyers yesterday in the fifth round of the NHL draft, 132nd overall. Terrance had nine goals and 13 assists last season for the Bulls, and helped the team compete in the NEPSAC Championships back in February - March 2013. He had committed to play with the Sioux City Musketeers (USHL) next season.

Allie Skelley, Terrance's coach was excited by the news: "I think I speak for the whole Holderness community when I say that we are excited and very proud of Terrance. Obviously he is an outstanding hockey player but we also know that he is an even better person. Terrance has been a huge part of the Holderness hockey program's recent success. He has tremendous skill that I have no doubt will translate to the next level. I look forward to watching him to continue to grow as a player and a person at the next level."

zoom_news669619_583926.jpg

Holderness School,
Plymouth, New Hampshire.

Last edited by a moderator:

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
College Hockey News ‏@chnews 1m

Terrance Amorosa, UNH commit drafted by the Flyers. Connor Clifton, Quinnipiac, taken by Phoenix. Both fifth round.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
He was a junior at prep school last year. Put up 26 points in 29 games from the blueline, so not too bad.

Holderness doesn't exactly play the strongest prep schedule, though. UNH should be good for him.

DeflatedFootball7

Jul 9, 2011
Nanaimo
He was a junior at prep school last year. Put up 26 points in 29 games from the blueline, so not too bad.

Holderness doesn't exactly play the strongest prep schedule, though. UNH should be good for him.

That makes me feel way better. I thought we had drafted a goon again, but that sounds more like a possible offensive d man.

Evergreen

Don't know anything about this guy, but I like to see the Flyers taking three defensemen with their top 4 picks. I think the Goulbourne pick was stupid, but at least we seem to be addressing a need with all the defense picks.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Google maps has the location of the high school pretty far up in New Hampshire, considering that it's New Hampshire.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
College Hockey News ‏@chnews 25s

Terrance Amorosa is not committed to UNH. Apologies for the confusion.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
His interview was just posted online on the flyers website.

It honestly seems like it's the first time he's ever gotten interviewed.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
His interview was just posted online on the flyers website.

It honestly seems like it's the first time he's ever gotten interviewed.

I thought he did very well. Very composed kid.

My money is on the Flyers talking him into playing in the CHL next year, unless he's hellbent of college. Doesn't seem like he's committed anywhere yet.

swimming

Jul 1, 2013
Hey guys I went to high school with this kid at holderness, what do you want to know?

swimming2

Jul 1, 2013
I also go went to school with him. He came into Holderness as a sophomore, and he was about the same height as he is now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad