Prospect Info: Round 4, Pick 109, Connor Bunnaman, F, Kitchener (OHL). (Signed 8/20/21 - 2 yr deal)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
6447e5daa230e34c2b5a5e5b77ff7561.gif

Reactions: freakydallas13

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I don't know what to make of these responses.
So the guy with the cartoon cat as an avatar, he loves Bunnaman something fierce. We all participate in this mania. It is over the top.

About the actual player, for a scratch lotto ticket (4th rd), he's coming along quite well. He's progressed continuously and is holding his own in the AHL in his first year. It'll be an uphill fight for him to make the NHL, but he hasn't shown any signs yet that he doesn't have it. 3rd/4th liner is the likely outcome.

The Flyers have a loaded prospect pool, and save a few from the many, most of the forwards seem to be about equal value- mostly third liners with potential to be low-end 2nd, or high-end 4th liners. On the Flyers, he's likely a 4th liner. If he displaces folks, maybe he gets higher here, otherwise he'll likely find success elsewhere.

Play him with better players, and he'll produce. Seems to have most of the necessary intangibles. Looks like an NHLer.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He had a promising season and is looking like he could be a decent NHL bottom 6 forward.

If he can put up 50 points in the AHL as a 21 year old, maybe he could even be top 6 material.

Reactions: Rebels57

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
So the guy with the cartoon cat as an avatar, he loves Bunnaman something fierce. We all participate in this mania. It is over the top.

About the actual player, for a scratch lotto ticket (4th rd), he's coming along quite well. He's progressed continuously and is holding his own in the AHL in his first year. It'll be an uphill fight for him to make the NHL, but he hasn't shown any signs yet that he doesn't have it. 3rd/4th liner is the likely outcome.

The Flyers have a loaded prospect pool, and save a few from the many, most of the forwards seem to be about equal value- mostly third liners with potential to be low-end 2nd, or high-end 4th liners. On the Flyers, he's likely a 4th liner. If he displaces folks, maybe he gets higher here, otherwise he'll likely find success elsewhere.

Play him with better players, and he'll produce. Seems to have most of the necessary intangibles. Looks like an NHLer.

It's not over the top - it is exactly at the top.

Also, with the relative uncertainty around Allison and Lacz, suddenly Bunny's perceived importance with the rest of you jokers starts to finally reach the true importance that I have always recognized and championed.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Still watching....

Flyers 5 takeaways: Connor Bunnaman, ‘the best player in training camp’

It all started when the lights went out.

Connor Bunnaman and Carter Hart, two rookies to pro hockey last September, were struggling before the season had even begun in earnest. The two roommates forgot to send in proper identification to start electric service to their apartment, so the company shut off the power and they lived by candlelight for a few days.

Welcome to life on your own.

Parker Fowlds had been Hart’s billet in Everett, Washington the last three years. Ellen and Mike Martin kept the lights on and the food fresh for Bunnaman in his last year with the Kitchener Rangers. With the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, both were left to do all that stuff on their own and found out it an underrated obstacle in moving up a level of hockey.

“I gained weight over the year,” Bunnaman said. “It happened cycling through the same six meals that I knew how to cook all year. Over (this past) summer I opened my horizons a little bit and got a bunch of cooking apps. I hope that helps a lot this year.”

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Bunnaman is a good example why past performance isn't as important as current progress with prospects.
It's not what you did at 20, it's what you're doing at 21 and could do at 22-23.
Now past performance provides a clue, but if a player is clearly faster and stronger, past performance may be misleading.

Bunnaman earned his shot, now it's up to him to take advantage of it.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
It's funny...we don't think of these types of things like Bunny not being able to cook and the result being weight gain. We just see the results...not the reasons things happen. They really are kids.

#freshman15

Yeh, there is a lot more going on behind the scenes at times. When I spoke to Hart he mentioned it, that he had never had to really cook before, shop, look for an apartment etc. (Jake gave him an apartment free to help out!)

I mean, I guess when I was 18 and left home there were a few shocks to the system... mainly that could stay up as late as wanted and f*** around, drink as much as I wanted, party as much as possible etc. But because had been on WADA drug testing programme for over a year at 16, and had a lot of nutritional knowledge because of the lectures on nutrition, training and health we were given on a national team programme, had already been cooking own meals at 15-16 and thought nothing of that. So until confronted with things like that I never even begin to think of it.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Yeh, there is a lot more going on behind the scenes at times. When I spoke to Hart he mentioned it, that he had never had to really cook before, shop, look for an apartment etc. (Jake gave him an apartment free to help out!)

I mean, I guess when I was 18 and left home there were a few shocks to the system... mainly that could stay up as late as wanted and **** around, drink as much as I wanted, party as much as possible etc. But because had been on WADA drug testing programme for over a year at 16, and had a lot of nutritional knowledge because of the lectures on nutrition, training and health we were given on a national team programme, had already been cooking own meals at 15-16 and thought nothing of that. So until confronted with things like that I never even begin to think of it.

You really need to get your spell check fixed. You keep using the word “programme”.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
You guys across the pond just spell it incorrectly... :laugh:

I only write in American English when I am getting paid to. :nod::sarcasm:

I’m curious... do others say “yeh”?

Nothing wrong with it, but the usage seems unique to you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad