Prospect Info: Round 4, Pick 104: Mikhail Vorobyov, C, Tolpar Ufa (MHL --> KHL)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Vorobyev is better suited to 3C with his playmaking skills, and Laughton at 4C with his speed and forechecking but questionable instincts on both offense and defense. Vorobyev isn't a very good forechecker, so he's kind of lost on the 4th line.

But Laughton is the "proven" veteran, so we'll see.

Reactions: lancer247

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I’m tired of watching Laughton center JVR (and possibly soon to be Farabee). He isn’t my least favorite player, but he provides so little playmaking. Vorobyev seems like an easy decision to let him and Farabee make some dandy passes in sheltered scoring usage, with JVR jiggling his blubber in the vicinity of the net.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I’m tired of watching Laughton center JVR (and possibly soon to be Farabee). He isn’t my least favorite player, but he provides so little playmaking. Vorobyev seems like an easy decision to let him and Farabee make some dandy passes in sheltered scoring usage, with JVR jiggling his blubber in the vicinity of the net.

Please let this happen.

TatteredCautiousCentipede-size_restricted.gif

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Every time JVR scores—which at current trends will be never—we need a “he got jiggy with it” line. In some way or some how, but it should happen.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Gotta back Appleyard here - Pimp can make plays, he showed it in international competition. GIve him JVR and Farabee as wingers and maybe we get some magic.

tenor.gif
I want to see him do something in the NHL first before we waste scorers on his wings & assume he’s some kind of significant upgrade from Laughton.

He absolutely got crushed in 15 NHL games last year & hasn’t exactly lit up the AHL the last 2 years, either.

With 3C a gaping hole, the better, more substantial move is Giroux to center, not replacing Laughton with Misha.

If Misha looks good, then maybe he’ll earn a bigger opportunity.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Misha, in the games I have seen up here in Allentown-Bethlehem [ for natives, Bethlehem is 2 syllables] worked on his face-offs.

What are Laughton's and Raffl's FO% so far this year?? Just euphonically curious.....

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Misha, in the games I have seen up here in Allentown-Bethlehem [ for natives, Bethlehem is 2 syllables] worked on his face-offs.

What are Laughton's and Raffl's FO% so far this year?? Just euphonically curious.....

Laughton at 52.9% (he was damn good on dot the last 2 years as well... 52% and 54.2%)
Raffl at 46.7%

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

Yes, many times they have even sent him out just to take defensive zone draws with other lines. With him then quickly leaving the ice after winning.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad