Prospect Info: Round 4, Pick 104: Mikhail Vorobyov, C, Tolpar Ufa (MHL --> KHL)

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
2018-2019
Lindblom Giroux Voracek
Rubtsov Voroybov Konecny
Weiss Couturier Schenn

Not a bad top 9.

I think that might be a stretch to start the season with Rubtsov on the team 18 months from now if he does just go back to the Q next year. Vorobyov feels like a decent bet.

And if Weise is still a top 9 player on that line in 2018-2019, something went wrong. Guy shouldn't be a top 9 player or on that line next year. Also: Weal is hopefully still around doing good things; Simmonds is still under contract that year, so we shall see.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I think that might be a stretch to start the season with Rubtsov on the team 18 months from now if he does just go back to the Q next year. Vorobyov feels like a decent bet.

And if Weise is still a top 9 player on that line in 2018-2019, something went wrong. Guy shouldn't be a top 9 player or on that line next year. Also: Weal is hopefully still around doing good things; Simmonds is still under contract that year, so we shall see.

Future top 6 NHL forwards typically don't need AHL time. Maybe 1/2 season at most. A full injury free year in the Q plus world juniors plus possibly an AHL playoff run should be enough for Rubtsov. Also out of the prospects, who would be his competition to beat out in 2018.

Weiss could be replaced by then. Just putting him there since that line has shown some chemistry.

Simmonds should be traded next year. I am hoping Hextall knows that. A big extension for a 31 year old power forward is bad news and waiting until the trade deadline of 2018-2019 would lower his return.

All this is assuming that Hextall is just going to build from within and not go out an acquire high end talent.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
https://www.championat.com/hockey/a...lavate-vesterlunde-kaprizove-i-zaharkine.html

Salavat GM spoke about Vorobyov today. Said they have offered him a contract and seeming trying to 'dissuade' him from leaving.

Article seemingly states arguments have arisen over it - I think he infers he has players best interests at heart - but player sees him as GM/vested interest.

That seems the gist anyway - would help if I could understand Russian haha!

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
https://www.championat.com/hockey/a...lavate-vesterlunde-kaprizove-i-zaharkine.html

Salavat GM spoke about Vorobyov today. Said they have offered him a contract and seeming trying to 'dissuade' him from leaving.

Article seemingly states arguments have arisen over it - I think he infers he has players best interests at heart - but player sees him as GM/vested interest.

That seems the gist anyway - would help if I could understand Russian haha!

Not much to add from a russian speaker perspective. GM stated that Vorobyov had just solidified his place on the roster, and GM had advised him to play 1-2 more years in the KHL in order to become a clear #1 center. The GM stated that current player's statistics do not support that.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah for me, if he stayed in the KHL, I am fine with that. The 1-2 years gives us time to see what Vech and Laughton can do and if either can be a #3C.

But he will do what he thinks is best.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think 1 more year in KHL could be beneficial for Vorobyov. Especially since Gordon will underuse him anyway.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
If it is between playing in AHL and Salavat Ulayev. Let it be Salavat. Top team, good coach, good all around, always in playoffs.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Have any of the actual Flyers beat reporters even mentioned this yet?

Do they even know who he is?

:laugh:

The guy is a national reporter in Canada. I'm guessing his sources are far greater than those guys who just only get whatever info they do out of people within the organization which isn't easy.

This guy probably has sources within the league office & with sports agencies. I'd imagine that's how most of these national guys get any information that they come by on the Flyers.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Vorobyov & soon Lindblom coming over.... yessssss.

Still think that 4th line center spot is open, but still have guys like Laughton/Vecc that will be fighting for it too.

Problem is Gordon in the AHL. Probably will sit him for half the season.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Gordon's an idiot but he'd probably play a player like Vorobyov a lot because he's pretty advanced away from the puck. Now whether he gets much or any PP time at all is anybody's guess.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
The guy is a national reporter in Canada. I'm guessing his sources are far greater than those guys who just only get whatever info they do out of people within the organization which isn't easy.

This guy probably has sources within the league office & with sports agencies. I'd imagine that's how most of these national guys get any information that they come by on the Flyers.

Renaud is tapped in for real. During the last lockout, he was one of the guys that kicked out some info that not many guys had.

The beats are spoon fed information by the team that the team wants out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad