Pre-Game Talk: Round 4 of 7: Bolts vs Red Wings | 7:00 PM | Pull even without Steven!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detroit Swed Wings

#FireHolland
Jan 17, 2013
Malmö
We need an even bigger effort right of the bat to get the crowd goin' like two nights ago.

All credit to Smittys hit, it was a nice one, but the guy begged for it when he opened up like that. We wont get that kind of begging this game.

The way G3 played out has got me pumped up for G4! LGRW

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Have to assume Tampa will come out with a better effort in this one. As good as we played in Game 3, it was also a weak performance by them. Can't afford to keep wasting powerplays, need to be more effective. Holding home ice is vital, winning even one game in Tampa is going to be very difficult, two is likely out of the question.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Blashill revealed Teemu Pulkkinen is being considered for Game 4 because of how badly the Wings have struggled on the power play.
(link)

I'm happy that he could see some PP time, but I cringe at who could come out.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Is there a bigger series swing than between 2-2 and 3-1? It's one game, like the rest, but it feels like it defines everything.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
(link)

Why wouldn't they just try AA first? I mean both could realistically play of course, but it's just weird that someone who's had quite a few snipes and can do things around the net hasn't been tried out on the 2nd unit yet, considering what a mess it is. Could probably contribute quite a bit to zone entries aswell.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Have Pookie in for Joker. Richards centers AA and Tats.

Rotate players on Dats and Richards lines if needed.

Helm-Richards-pulk that's a solid line to play against bottom pairs. Thought Richards speed was way better in games 1 and 2 when he was playing in the middle

Tatar-datsyuk-AA I think this line could explode and have a huge night

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
We need to shoot on the power play. Last game pass dick around pass duck around. Pulk is not the answer as he can't hit the net.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Pulky is a huge mistake IMO. He's got an awesome cannon but he's going to be out competed in pretty much every other area. I think Blashil said it just to iterate a fact that he's considering all the options.

Besides, it's not really the trigger that's the problem in PP. It's the execution IMO.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
Pulky is a huge mistake IMO. He's got an awesome cannon but he's going to be out competed in pretty much every other area. I think Blashil said it just to iterate a fact that he's considering all the options.

Besides, it's not really the trigger that's the problem in PP. It's the execution IMO.

This. Can't unload the cannon if there's never any ammo in the first place.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Mantha didnt do as much as you think. I Would very much rather Pulkinnen
Pulkkinen has 3 powerplay points in 36 games. Mantha had 2 in 10. Pulkkinen has a hard shot, but little else. Mantha helped us with puck retrieval, possession and net front play.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
(link)

Who could come out besides Andersson or maybe Richards?

No way he takes Z, D, Glendening, Abby, Helm, Sheahan, Tatar, Nyquist, Larkin out. No way whatsoever.

It'd be down to guys like Andy, AA, Richards. That's it. Those are the only 3 possible choices. Please god don't let it be AA.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I'd rather have Mantha in than Pulks... I can't think of a single thing Pulk would do better than Mantha. I still like the guy as a player, but he hasn't done enough this season to be in over Mantha to me. Maybe next season, clean start, he gets going. Or trade.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Ansar Khan
‏@AnsarKhanMLive
Same lines for #RedWings:
Nyquist-Zetterberg-Larkin
Helm-Datsyuk-Richards
Abdelkader-Glendening-Sheahan
Athanasiou-Andersson-Tatar

So most likely no changes for tonight.

LowFive

In Stevie We Trust
Jun 19, 2014
Mantha is the strongest choice to help the PP but at least Pulkkinen will shoot. The first 30 seconds of our 5 on 3 nobody even considered a shot. When Green switched with Richards in the first few seconds it threw off their setup for D to D one timers and from there everyone looked scared and confused at how to attack.

Our powerplay was only good during the stretch Mantha was up so he seems obvious to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->