Prospect Info: Round 3, Pick 82, Carsen Twarynski, F, Calgary (WHL)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The fact Hextall promoted Read over NAK suggests that he doesn't feel NAK is ready and wants him to finish out the year (and playoffs) in the AHL.
Which says nothing about next season, Hextall is just conservative that way.
He kept Laughton down for a whole year, then protected him over PEB and put him on the roster last fall.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
The fact Hextall promoted Read over NAK suggests that he doesn't feel NAK is ready and wants him to finish out the year (and playoffs) in the AHL.
Which says nothing about next season, Hextall is just conservative that way.
He kept Laughton down for a whole year, then protected him over PEB and put him on the roster last fall.

I think the latter is the case: playing a big role in the projected deep AHL playoff run is certainly more rewarding than playing a 12/13nth forward role in the NHL.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Good showing this preseason - I think he'll be making the trip to Europe on Friday with the team.

He is no Chris Stewart. Some teams, like the Senators, are cash poor. The Flyers organization suffers from a bigger deficit. Lack of brains. Go Fletcher.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He is no Chris Stewart. Some teams, like the Senators, are cash poor. The Flyers organization suffers from a bigger deficit. Lack of brains. Go Fletcher.

Twarynski is still in camp and getting a serious look at making the team, so i'm not sure of the relevance of this post in his thread.

Reactions: flyersjim73

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think in the grand scheme of things, two years from now no one will give a rat's crap whether NAK or Stewart were the 13th forward on this team, only to lose their job to Kase/Allison/Laczynski/Sushko in 2020-21.

Twarynski has a shot as a 4th liner, and when you get down to brass tacks, I doubt there's much difference between Twarynski and NAK, different style of play, but both are unlikely to play above the 4th line for an extended period.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Not convinced he isn't fool's gold yet. A lot of his good plays have come from feverishly outworking competition that may not be giving it their all. Not sure that's sustainable.

But he's also made some good plays with the puck too.

If he gets a shot I hope it's a real and fair one. Figure out for sure if he can swim yet.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Odds are he'll go back to LHV at some point once Pitlick and Patrick are healthy.
But he looks better than last year, trick will be to sustain it for a whole season.

Both Twarynski and Bunnaman bring a nice size/speed (Bunnaman is clearly faster this year) with scoring skills.
That's nice to have on an ELC on your 4th line.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not convinced he isn't fool's gold yet. A lot of his good plays have come from feverishly outworking competition that may not be giving it their all. Not sure that's sustainable.

But he's also made some good plays with the puck too.

If he gets a shot I hope it's a real and fair one. Figure out for sure if he can swim yet.

This is how I feel.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
NAK out performed Twar at every level, but Twar played good in 2 games. Word.

No he didn't.

I don't make a big deal of Twarynski scoring goals, that's stochastic, but after shooting wildly his first game, he settled in and had a lot of good scoring chances. And he showed good speed, handled the puck well for a big guy, and generally showed the traits you'd want in a 4th line candidate. NAK was smoother, but NAK is two years older with two more AHL seasons under his belt, i.e., less upside.

And Twarynski's first AHL season was a replica of NAK's first AHL season.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
You know, if Carsen marries Taryn Hatcher, her married name will be Taryn Twarynski.

I bet her dad, who posts here a lot, will be really pleased. :D

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Taryn’s father posts here?

giphy.gif

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
NAK out performed Twar at every level, but Twar played good in 2 games. Word.
No he didn't. If it was that big of an obvious misevaluation, like many are portraying, he'll get scooped on waivers by one of the 30 other teams in the National Hockey League. And maybe he will. Good for him if he does. Kind of doubting it. I'm sure they tried to trade him. Nobody wants Aube-Kubel as the 12th man.

Reactions: Jtown

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
And Twarynski in his first game does exactly what he had been doing all preseason, skate, hit, make things happen, get back on defense.
It ain't pretty but it works.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad