Prospect Info: Round 3, Pick 72: Ronnie Attard, D, Tri-City (USHL) --> Western Michigan

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I have seen Ronnie play 10-15 times live in the last 3 years . He really did have a break out year this year and has always played with a chip on his shoulder . Tri city Storm has put out quite a few draft picks lately , 4 this year Pinto , Jones Attard , Saville and Koster , Struble are draft picks with Koster playing 20 games or so for them .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There's a lot of bust potential, but 6'4 205 with a great scoring touch, there's also a lot of upside.
I haven't read anything that suggests he can't skate, needs work, but so do 90% of prospects.
And since he'll eventually be paired with Millard, he'll have a great skating partner. :sarcasm:

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Should turn into a servicable player for his physical attributes alone paired with a knack for offense.
In the worst case they get a taller version of T.J. Brennan.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Should turn into a servicable player for his physical attributes alone paired with a knack for offense.
In the worst case they get a taller version of T.J. Brennan.
When he was drafted, they said his coach praised his leadership and work ethic. We'll see.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Has anyone seen him play? Looks like an intriguing guy to take a chance on and i love Philly did that. Ill be keeping an eye on him. Love these late bloomers that come outta nowhere and light it up

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I was initially a little disappointed with this pick as im a bit risk averse with overagers. And in addition to being older hes heading to college.
But then i thought if a guy we had picked between ustimenko and strome had just put up 30 goals as a d how frickin excited i would be. Hes a guy ill be trying to keep tabs on through the year

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I find drafting overage defenseman to be a little more rewarding than drafting overage forwards. Nuances of the position and all of that.

Just in the Flyers system you have Ghost, St. Ivany, Kalynuk, Braun! Not to mention the undrafted guys like Myers and Zamula who almost certainly would have went relatively high in their D+1 had they not signed NHL contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad