Prospect Info: Round 3, Pick 72: Ronnie Attard, D, Tri-City (USHL) --> Western Michigan

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
tenor.gif
His name isn't pronounced uh-tard. Way to show how evolved humans are in 2019 though.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
What a ridiculous stat line for a 19-20 year old double re-entry. You could say it was team effect, except he blew away every single forward on his team. Coming off basically every midget and USHL season, it doesn't look like the same player.

Gambling on a late blooming 20 year old, 6'3 RHD in the 3rd round who put up historic numbers in the USHL? I love the methodology, even if I have never seen the player and know jack shit. USHL re-entries with great stats are money because they end up being among the best college players. It's still a market inefficiency.

Is his skating bad like Jack Kennedy St. Ivany? /shrug

Last edited:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Seems like flyers strategy pre Fletch which is a good sign. A guy that’s appears to be a late riser. I would think if he put up another season like the last he may be pretty highly drafted.

Reactions: NHLFreeAgent

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I love the thinking. Absolutely love it. There is data that supports overagers being underdrafted.

Flipping through some footage quickly, I'm mildly worried about the impact of his partner. He looks really, really good....and went to the Rangers at 68. Only played one year in Tri-City. Super early though.

At least Tri City is one of the easier USHL places to find tape.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I have a friend who saw all of his games the last 2 years since he lives like 5 min away from Tri City’s arena.

He’s a fan of the Kings and said he wanted them to take him.

Described his game as an aggressive type kid, yet undisciplined, but not stupid. Searches out hits, but isn’t the best tracker, but really likes to aggravate the other team. He’s also a decent fighter too.

Really hard slap shot, but it needs to be more accurate in the NHL as he mainly shoots when there’s an open lane.

He had some “player rivalries- Samuelsson in USHL”, but when asked about who he targets as his “rival” he said in a fan interview... “I don’t like anyone wearing a different jersey”

Highlight video

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I have a friend who saw all of his games the last 2 years since he lives like 5 min away from Tri City’s arena.

He’s a fan of the Kings and said he wanted them to take him.

Described his game as an aggressive type kid, yet undisciplined, but not stupid. Searches out hits, but isn’t the best tracker, but really likes to aggravate the other team. He’s also a decent fighter too.

Really hard slap shot, but it needs to be more accurate in the NHL as he mainly shoots when there’s an open lane.

He had some “player rivalries- Samuelsson in USHL”, but when asked about who he targets as his “rival” he said in a fan interview... “I don’t like anyone wearing a different jersey”

Highlight video

Absolutely love that quote.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Give me a player who u take a flier on because he is a late developer over a boring stay at home potential 6 all day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->