Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 54: Emil Andrae, D, HV71 (SHL)

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I can’t read this guy’s name without the following song getting stuck in my head:

Hard to look at 90s America & even recognize it, btw.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

I think a pretty fair argument can be made that he is actually their 3rd best Dman after Martinsson and Kinvall...

he did make some bad, silly, mistakes in the game ~6-8 area that hurt the team and him, had three poor games. But apart from that little stretch has been good in all zones and is not death by a million cuts like four of their blue-line.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Made one bad pass that went for an icing.

Also juuust went down too early on a 2v1 but managed to slightly disrupt puck still. Karlsson being silly and going for a hit in NZ put him in bad position.

He is their 4th best defenseman at worst right now. But Stromberg is loved and has an A... so is the #3. And somehow Karlsson got 15 minutes tonight. The guy has been worst Dman in SHL and made so many bad plays today... again.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Good game today.

Got a really nice assist jumping up into a play and putting a pass back across for a tap in.

Also created another half chance on the cycle.

Played over 15 minutes, solid on D too. Had a few nice plays on the boards and at blue-line.

Looked a lot more like pre-season Andrae. More confidence and creativity.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Is he on a path to earn a spot on Sweden WJC lineup?

He is odds on favourite.

Only three returning players.

And he has been the #1 on the Swedish u-18 and u-17 teams for aa few years.

Soderstrom
Broberg
Bjornfot

are the returnees.

Then the only other guys on the roster playing pro hockey are:

Johansson - SHL
Andrae - SHL
Grans - SHL
Wallinder - Allsvenskan
Berglund - Allsvenskan

And - tbh - only Johansson is better than Andrae right now of those guys.
Grans has been worse at 5v5 than Andrae in similar minutes... but gets PP time on Malmo.
Wallinder and Berglund are 3rd pairing guys in Allsvenskan.

I guess those eight are the guys that go. Maybe Edvinsson somehow does but doubt it.

Brannstrom, Persson and Hedstrom are a year older than Andrae and not playing at the pro level.

My guess is that Andrae is the #5 on the WJC team, and gets some PP2 time.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Been in the works for a while.

Not finalised yet... and maybe with Lundh as head coach back he stays (as Rahm was the main part of the problem with Andrae's playing time)... but I would bet on him still going as he will get PP1 time and top 4 minutes in Allsvenskan.

Reactions: Chuck Downie

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
now let's hope he proves without a doubt it's the right decision

He should tbh. He was one of their best four Dman before he got benched... which was not totally due to on-ice performance.

I am shocked Rahm was not fired a month ago. Just a very poor SHL coach. And had his favourites. There was a loooot of discontent there from what I know.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He should tbh. He was one of their best four Dman before he got benched... which was not totally due to on-ice performance.

I am shocked Rahm was not fired a month ago. Just a very poor SHL coach. And had his favourites. There was a loooot of discontent there from what I know.
why is it that Flyers prospects rarely are the beneficiary of a biased coach. Only examples I can think of is Cates at the WJC. Almost every other time, it's a Flyers prospect getting screwed.

Reactions: Rebels57

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
why is it that Flyers prospects rarely are the beneficiary of a biased coach. Only examples I can think of is Cates at the WJC. Almost every other time, it's a Flyers prospect getting screwed.

It is hockey and they are young players.

The buck stops with them 90% of the time no matter what.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Hagg was getting powerply time as a 17 year old in the Gold Medal game. Cream rises to the top.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
how did he do?

Mediocre game.

Had a few nice moments (helped create a chance with shift shot through traffic) and looked poised under pressure in DZ. Played as #6 in the end.

But messed up one outlet (nothing major) and was -2.

First goal had nothing to do with. His partner Arell just kept backing in from man on rush who used Arell as a screen.

Second goal Arell made an awful NZ pinch to leave Andrae alone on a 2v1. Tried to play the man with the puck but it got through for a goal.

Reactions: Tripod

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, he's probably looking at two more years in the SHL, he'll have to jump past Ginning to get a shot at the Phantoms. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad