Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick #50: Adam Ginning, D, Linkoping HC (SHL)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He understands his weaknesses, body control and skating. That's half the battle.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
To certain posters who think Ginning cant turn out.

He’s currently tracking to be a mediocre 3rd pair defenseman. Maybe his development takes a massively positive turn in the coming years, but I’m pretty skeptical. Poor puck skills usually continue to stay poor and mediocre hockey sense is rarely improved over time. I could end up being wrong about this player though! Time will tell

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
He’s currently tracking to be a mediocre 3rd pair defenseman. Maybe his development takes a massively positive turn in the coming years, but I’m pretty skeptical. Poor puck skills usually continue to stay poor and mediocre hockey sense is rarely improved over time. I could end up being wrong about this player though! Time will tell
You're probably right but let's hope he's a cheap 3rd pair hard nosed d in the future.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Post the Ginning WJC gif again, please.

poehling-tie-game.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
And that means what?
I'm sure you can find GIFs of Pronger making plays like that in the NHL if you looked hard enough.
A 19 year old making a mistake isn't exactly conclusive.

Funny thing, after a string of AMac "starfish" posts, a couple games later I'm looking at a Sanheim starfish, somehow that GIF never made the board. Can't imagine why.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
And that means what?
I'm sure you can find GIFs of Pronger making plays like that in the NHL if you looked hard enough.

Funny thing, after a string of AMac "starfish" posts, a couple games later I'm looking at a Sanheim starfish, somehow that GIF never made the board. Can't imagine why.
HAHAHAHAHA only HF board Philly scouts no what's up.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
And that means what?

To me? Nothing. I dont watch Ginning nearly enough to comment on him one way or the other. Unlike most, I dont make wild assumptions and spew BS about things that I am not fully educated on.

Someone asked for the gif. I supplied it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->