Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 34: Bobby Brink, RW, Sioux City (USHL) --> Denver (signed 4/10/22)

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Happy Birthday Pup-N-Suds !

Captain is too old to read the really small font. :D

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
upload_2019-7-8_18-43-7.gif

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I used to have a young Couturier avatar, then a young Sanheim avatar. Every moron here would comment repeatedly on how I overrate them and whatnot. That's why I switched to a generic Flyers logo. So I'd like to avoid that with Brink.
This is how I feel with mine....jerks :sarcasm:

Reactions: Larry44

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
How did he look at the Summer Showcase? Is his top speed/top speed puck control really as average as the scouting report said?

Too small of a sample size either way. But....

Wasn’t as dynamic offensively as I was hoping for.

Skating looks inefficient, but doesn’t look broken.

Definitely has the motor and hustle to make up for some of the things he lacks.

I really hated the mark recchi comparison, especially because Recchi is my fav hockey player. But honestly I get where it comes from. This tourney won’t make people forget about Caufield, but I still think York plus the 2nd will be the better pick long term

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Brink doesn’t have the skating right now to be a dynamic player. He’s a one zone player. I’m really curious to see how he translates to the NCAA. I suspect he’ll struggle at first. I’m a fan of the pick (hated him as a first rounder, but liked him in rd 2), but I think some fans have inflated expectations.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
What's your over under on his points this season at Denver, guru?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He definitely has room to improve his skating. He’s not Konecny who is both crafty and blazing fast entering the zone, but he’s very nifty at creating space for himself both with his feet and his hands. I’ll always take that from a young kid over just pure speed. I have much more confidence in teenagers gaining a step or two than I do with things like hand skill and feel for the game improving.

He was one of the youngest players there last week. He didn’t blow the doors off, but he had a passing grade.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
He's a 5'7" slow winger. Let's not go overboard about his dominance in the possession game. Again, I am happy with the pick, despite efforts to paint it otherwise. I just think he's a little overhyped on here.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
He has a lot of hype for good reason:

F797848E-9E92-430E-9C0C-446D02E2BFE4.jpeg

Draft year counting stats don’t tell the whole story (obviously), but they do provide some nice context. I do firmly believe that he’ll be an effective top 6 winger. Just needs some skating tweaks (added power and a more efficient stride). There is a lot to like about his game: hockey sense, compete level, his ability to come away with the puck consistently in 50/50 battles, & his overall offensive skillset. If my (& others) belief that his game will translate well to the NHL means he’s “overhyped” then so be it!

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, if he has Johnny Gaudreau's college career, then I'll become a believer:
44g 21-23 44
35g 21-31 52
40g 36-44 80

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
He has a lot of hype for good reason:

View attachment 248259

Draft year counting stats don’t tell the whole story (obviously), but they do provide some nice context. I do firmly believe that he’ll be an effective top 6 winger. Just needs some skating tweaks (added power and a more efficient stride). There is a lot to like about his game: hockey sense, compete level, his ability to come away with the puck consistently in 50/50 battles, & his overall offensive skillset. If my (& others) belief that his game will translate well to the NHL means he’s “overhyped” then so be it!
Like I said, I was happy with the pick (for round 2). He has tremendous hands. But despite his phenomenal stats this season, I have some concerns and I'm really curious to see what he does this season. Hopefully he's not another Pavel Brendl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad