Series Talk: Round 2 Discussion - Panthers vs Bruins - Part II - (Florida Wins 4-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I wonder if they plan to come back home if they win tomorrow.

I believe the start for the ECF could be Monday? Latest is Tuesday?

I'm not worried about the Panthers winning tomorrow or the ECF. Tuesday was as bad of an effort as I can ever remember seeing in a home close-out game.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I meant for any team in general. They looked like zombies out there. Boston looked tired and realy didn't play well outside of Swayman. TBH, I think having 2 awful games like that in the same series vs a marginal team is a very bad sign.
Maybe

Then again, I saw my Mavericks do the same and they are also one game away from a WCF

This is the 2nd year in a row that Chucky is absent for the 2nd round

Reactions: BabyBennettov

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I'm not worried about the Panthers winning tomorrow or the ECF. Tuesday was as bad of an effort as I can ever remember seeing in a home close-out game.
Replay Rangers last game and then watch tonite to find a rival.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
IMG_8286.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7 and 5 Hole

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Maurice hasn't tipped his hand at all. in fact, he said "just filling holes" when asked about the lines today.

I understand that's what you'd like to see (ngl, I would too) but there's no indication as of right now that's the case.
The only indication is how the lines at practice were, but it’s a pretty big clue.

Reactions: harv33173

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I am really trying not to be a Debbie Downer, but... I don't like how the Panthers played this series.

The big issues for me:

- Verhaeghe had the worst series we've ever seen from him, by a wide margin.
- Tkachuk no-showed most of it.
- Bennett?? Clearly not himself.
- Ekblad is a massive liability and due to his status can't be demoted.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I am really trying not to be a Debbie Downer, but... I don't like how the Panthers played this series.

The big issues for me:

- Verhaeghe had the worst series we've ever seen from him, by a wide margin.
- Tkachuk no-showed most of it.
- Bennett?? Clearly not himself.
- Ekblad is a massive liability and due to his status can't be demoted.

Hopefully a few days off will help, but yeah, overall we're not really clicking that well imo.

Reactions: IdleTraveller

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Last year we beat swayman in a series deciding game in Boston, a D scoring the goal, with 1min remaining

This year…we beat swayman in a series deciding game in Boston, a D scoring the goal with 1.5min remaining…literally giving up the goal in the same spot next to the right/blocker arm

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It's absolutely hilarious to me how much Forsling is getting pumped now.

Had we not extended him, I guarantee teams would be waiting for 8,9, or 10M contracts

Nope. 5.75 brodie.

I think maybe we under sold Boston a bit. They have tremendous structure and defensive play. Yeah loser points blah blah, but their D was tough to crack coupled with a great goalie it really bogs down production.

I think New York isn't as good defensively but has more forward talent (obviously).

We need Tkachuk and Verhaeghe to wake up

Last edited:

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
It's absolutely hilarious to me how much Forsling is getting pumped now.

Had we not extended him, I guarantee teams would be waiting for 8,9, or 10M contracts

Nope. 5.75 brodie.

I think maybe we under sold Boston a bit. They have tremendous structure and defensive play. Yeah loser points blah blah, but their D was tough to crack coupled with a great goalie it really bogs down production.

I think New York isn't as good defensively but has more forward talent (obviously).

We need Tkachuk and Verhaeghe to wake up

Agree 100% I think people here really underselling Boston. They don't really have the star power and they didn't look great a lot of times, but I think that's because they focused on defense a lot and let us come at them. They knew they weren't going to win the back and forth game with us, but they had a goalie on a heater. It was a solid plan, but we eventually broke through.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Watching the last parts of the game away, that piece of shit McAvoy took a slapper after the whistle right at Forsling and he goes down...damn I hope he's fine and f*** you McAvoy

Reactions: Justlou4545
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad