Round 2 33rd overall Arthur Kaliyev

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Any particular reason you put him behind Caufield? assuming you have him as #1.

Because Caufield has a generational type shot and Kaliyev has more of a perennial all-star type shot. Like Brett Hull vs. Luc Robitaille

Very excited to have him in the system.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Because Caufield has a generational type shot and Kaliyev has more of a perennial all-star type shot. Like Brett Hull vs. Luc Robitaille

Very excited to have him in the system.
That seems like a weird comparison to me, Luc didnt really have a great shot he just had a nose for the net. Kaliyev's one timers from the point look more like Ovi than Luc. But i can understand why you both feel Caufield is a better pure scorer. Im just happy Arthur is also a playmaker and has size, thatll help him.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe

Loved that second goal, thats the type of goal that most players miss cause they are so excited to see an open net that they just loosely slap at the puck, he just took it back and popped it up. The defense looked pretty horrible in those clips but you can see how poised and confident he is with the puck in the offensive zone. Can't wait for him to be in LA.

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
No one should be shocked if he makes the Kings 20-21 opening night roster. He's working on all areas of the game and his strength / conditioning trainer in hamilton is working with with his athleticism
and locomotion workouts. he's JUST BEGINNING to work on professional strength training...the Hamilton trainer said Arthur came back from Kings Summer camp, traing with Kings Matt Price (think thats his name) and he even looked physically stronger. He's 18! Wait until he's 20. or 21.

Arthur just sees ALL net and puts the puck in the net , as if it's the most easy and natural thing ever. He's like broken down to: puck, meet stick. meet net. and if he doesn't have a
shot, he makes elite passes to a teammate. He's an offensive machine.

That first goal, the puck was at his feet and he makes one motion in gathering it and firing it in the net. He makes difficult things look easy.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
I can get why nhl people might not liked him during his interviews. To me thou its endearing, not every player needs to well spoken. Score goals and that will speak for itself

I don't see what was wrong with his interview. Just like I didn't see what was wrong with Taylor's stutter or Brown's lisp while leading us to 2 cups. I call it BS.

Reactions: crassbonanza

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Im a bit more excited with Kaliyev than Turcotte. Happy of course with both, but there's something about Arthur.

You should be excited with our first 4 picks from last years draft..
Turcotte is in the Patrice Bergeron mold while Kaliyev has offense like Alexander Mogilny,, especially his shot

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
this dude's ****in.

Damn. I predict: within 4 years, Kaliyev will invent new ways to score goals, in which the NHL Board of Governors will review and perhaps outlaw a method he came up with
in which he scores goals...something like "Due to receiving a league-wide petition, signed by all NHL goalies (except for the goalies on the Kings) we are looking into the rules of allowable goals"

The petition, in which reads:

'the methods in use by Arthur Kaliyev in which he scores goals, should be in question, as he incorporates lacrosse, football and soccer techniques to score goals...and in our
view, is not in the spirit of hockey. Further, hallowed NHL scoring records could be broken and not fair to 'true hockey purist, goal scorers, like Howe, Gretzky,
Lemieux and others."

Reactions: KINGS17

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kaliyev is just absolutely eviscerating the league, more impressive given his basement team and lack of support. He's now 2nd in OHL scoring, probably 1st in points per game given the only guy ahead of him has one more point and one more game. Byfield is first with 20 points in 10 games, on a division leading Sudbury team that has scored 48 goals and whose 2nd place scorers each have 12 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->