Round 2 33rd overall Arthur Kaliyev

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Watching Arthur Kaliyev Goals with Arty
The budding LA Kings prospect is currently on pace for over a goal-per-game with the Hamilton Bulldogs

That hard work certainly looks like it is paying off early into the season. Although the Bulldogs still have 46 games on the calendar, Kaliyev is well on his way to shattering his career-high in goals.

If he reaches the 50-goal mark again this campaign, he will become just the fifth player in the OHL in the last two decades to record back-to-back 50-goal seasons.

Among the players in that group that Kaliyev is chasing is likely a future teammate, Tyler Toffoli, who accomplished the feat with the Ottawa 67's in 2010-11 and 2011-12.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
The budding LA Kings prospect is currently on pace for over a goal-per-game with the Hamilton Bulldogs

That hard work certainly looks like it is paying off early into the season. Although the Bulldogs still have 46 games on the calendar, Kaliyev is well on his way to shattering his career-high in goals.

If he reaches the 50-goal mark again this campaign, he will become just the fifth player in the OHL in the last two decades to record back-to-back 50-goal seasons.

Among the players in that group that Kaliyev is chasing is likely a future teammate, Tyler Toffoli, who accomplished the feat with the Ottawa 67's in 2010-11 and 2011-12.
That first gif.

Looks like he got mad after he scored or he was wondering why that goalie was letting that one in.

Than I watched his draft and he did not need an hug from his relatatives.

Perhaps he was pissed off. Funny as hell.

Strange guy anyway.

As long as he scores goals, I am fine with it.

Last edited:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Just hope AK doesn't morph into TT upon reaching the NHL.

Let's be fair - Toffoli was pretty good for a long while for us. But hopefully AK is more tenacious than Toffoli, because when I think of "lazy" guys on the Kings, my first thought is usually 73, even if that's an unfair assessment.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
Let's be fair - Toffoli was pretty good for a long while for us. But hopefully AK is more tenacious than Toffoli, because when I think of "lazy" guys on the Kings, my first thought is usually 73, even if that's an unfair assessment.

Fair enough. But how after being pretty good for a long while he dropped off a cliff is just maddening and totally unexpected.

ZJames

Jan 4, 2011
Dont worry about it
27 games in, now has 54 points. This pace probably won't keep up, but right now he's on track for 136 points on the year (Assuming he were to play 68 games). Still can't believe he fell to the second round. I was so mad when they passed on him with their second 1st round pick. Ended up working out better than I ever could have hoped.

Steve Zissou

Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
27 games in, now has 54 points. This pace probably won't keep up, but right now he's on track for 136 points on the year (Assuming he were to play 68 games). Still can't believe he fell to the second round. I was so mad when they passed on him with their second 1st round pick. Ended up working out better than I ever could have hoped.

He was definitely a wild card if we had taken him with our late 1st rounder (from Toronto), but where he ended up going he's the steal of the draft.

By the end of the 1st round and coming into the 2nd I was hoping for a miracle in that Ottawa wouldn't nab him. Sure enough they took Shane Pinto and at that point a lot of us were beyond ecstatic to see him still there to start the 2nd round.

I wouldn't say that a lot of the teams that passed him over will regret their decision, but I know at least a few of them will soon enough.

Steal of the draft.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
His team is horrible and Jan Jenik is gone (WJC preperation).

Two great prime assists and a bomb, tonight, just incredible.

I have never seen a junior player shoot the puck that hard. Last night a bomb too, but this one was even harder. It looked like it hit the post but it hit the net. Words cant express my feelings.

Highlights, just watch it yourself.

Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League

Last edited:

Steve Zissou

Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

I have never seen a junior player shoot the puck that hard. Last night a bomb too, but this one was even harder. It looked like it hit the post but it hit the net. Words cant express my feelings.

Kaliyev on that deadly slap pass to the slot for Hamilton's 1st goal.
On Hamilton's 4th goal Kaliyev had a great shovel pass for a breakaway goal.
Kaliyev with an absolute BOMB on their 5th goal.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

Highlights, just watch it yourself.

Yeah but he’s no Kubalik...

Isn’t he going to the WJC?

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Yeah but he’s no Kubalik...

Isn’t he going to the WJC?

andys right now:

qiykb6wfqpc01.jpg