Round 2 33rd overall Arthur Kaliyev

J Smoove

Oct 8, 2015
Wow, they won 11-10 and Kaliyev only scored 4 points? This kid is looking like a bust.

:sarcasm:

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Loving this kid.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Seeing his signature, it seems he likes the number 34. If he keeps that number when he joins the Kings would he immediately be the best #34 in Kings history? I honestly can't think of an 34's off the top of my head.

I would hope he turns out better than Audette. He's the only one I can remember at the moment.

Reactions: crassbonanza

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Seeing his signature, it seems he likes the number 34. If he keeps that number when he joins the Kings would he immediately be the best #34 in Kings history? I honestly can't think of an 34's off the top of my head.

I would hope he turns out better than Audette. He's the only one I can remember at the moment.

Hockey Reference NHL Players Who Wore Sweater Number 34 | Hockey-Reference.com lists the following players for the Kings: Marcel Cousineau, Lauri Tukonen, Matt Johnson, Byron Dafoe, and Donald Audette (as Fishhead already identified).

So I'd say he only has Dafoe to beat, as far as I'm concerned.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
So just size and nationality.

Tukonen was a bull and therefore very good in the corners. A good skater but far from elite like Kupari. Offensively Tukonen performed much better as junior than Rasmus. He was supposed to be a top 6 player and Kupari not so much. Lauri was a winger and Kupari basically a center.

Reactions: Jungle Boy

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Similar size/skillsets/nationality.

Tukonen scored 6 points in 35 Liiga games his draft year, was lauded for his two-way ability and NHL ready frame. He was considered the safest pick of the draft.

Kupari scored 14 points in 38 Liiga games his draft year and was deemed to have very high skill (HockeyProspect called him the most skilled player of the draft class).

Size, sure, they were about the same at the time of the draft. Otherwise, I don't see any comparison.

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
I love that while King Arthur has 25 goals in 24 games and that he leads the OHL in PP goals with 8....he actually has more PP assists, with 10! Shows he can make plays and not just a goal scorer.
I was expecting to see 8 PPG and maybe 6 or 7 PP assists. I already knew he has great hockey sense and playmaking ability, but was surprised he had more PP assists.

Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Tukonen scored 6 points in 35 Liiga games his draft year, was lauded for his two-way ability and NHL ready frame. He was considered the safest pick of the draft.

Kupari scored 14 points in 38 Liiga games his draft year and was deemed to have very high skill (HockeyProspect called him the most skilled player of the draft class).

Size, sure, they were about the same at the time of the draft. Otherwise, I don't see any comparison.

I mean, it was a pretty tongue in cheek pejorative at the time because I wanted Veleno instead of Kupari. I'm not married to that statement as a serious comparison.

Reactions: TruKingFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->