Round 2 33rd overall Arthur Kaliyev

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
Arthur Kaliyev at eliteprospects.com

Does an excellent job of finding soft spots in the offensive zone, getting to them with his stick ready to retrieve a pass and send it home, EPrinkside.com 2019
People understate Kaliyev’s hockey sense. His wrist shot is, it should almost go without saying, high-end, as well, EPrinkside.com 2019
Dangerous with the puck on his stick, he uses his frame to protect the puck well and possesses a nose for the net, Future Considerations 2019
He has a heavy slap shot, a wicked one timer, and rounds off the arsenal with above average snap shots and wrist shots, McKeen's Hockey 2019

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Worth noting, since the 04-05 lockout, only 4 other players have scored 50+ goals in a U18 season.

Tavares
Stamkos
DeBrincat
Skinner
McDavid would have, but I believe he broke his hand in a fight.

Not saying he will be a superstar, but it seems that scoring translates if you have the ability when you're young.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Worth noting, since the 04-05 lockout, only 4 other players have scored 50+ goals in a U18 season.

Tavares
Stamkos
DeBrincat
Skinner

Not saying he will be a superstar, but it seems that scoring translates if you have the ability when you're young.
His ability to score will translate, the debate is about having the compete level without the puck but that is entirely coachable. That’s both offensively and defensively.

Reactions: KopitarFAN

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands

Tavares
Stamkos
DeBrincat
Skinner

Nail Yakupov would have too if he didnt miss 3 games.

Nice company to be in, with exception of Nail.

Kid might have several shortcomings but with 51 goals you just have to do it.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I watched about half his points scored from last season. He's not just a goal scorer. I was impressed with his passing skills. He consistently setup his teammates for scoring opportunities. His offensive game seemed pretty well rounded to me. I do have some concerns about him, but definitely a worthwhile 2nd round pick.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I can’t believe we got BOTH my guys in Turcotte and Kaliyev!

And this is the best position to get the guy. Not only do we not spend a first on him, we send him a message that first, we want you, second, you have a lot to work on in your game. The second round is the perfect place to take a flawed first-round talent. The lower draft position lets the player know that they need to improve significantly.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I watched about half his points scored from last season. He's not just a goal scorer. I was impressed with his passing skills. He consistently setup his teammates for scoring opportunities. His offensive game seemed pretty well rounded to me. I do have some concerns about him, but definitely a worthwhile 2nd round pick.
He looks pretty well put together physically, would you say he’s 1 or 2 years away from the NHL (physically not technically)?

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I mean, while I would never want to have Brendl in the org, it's a lot easier to stomach getting him in the 2nd round.

Yup agree. Boom or Bust and I don't mind at all taking a gamble on him. You never know with these young 18 year olds.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Hopefully all the cry babies that were complaining about the Tobias pick are now happy.

no_u.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->