Series Talk: Round 1 vs Dallas. Starts 4/21

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets fan coming in peace. I'm in the middle of a hockey draft. Do you have a clear cut starter going into the playoffs?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Jets fan coming in peace. I'm in the middle of a hockey draft. Do you have a clear cut starter going into the playoffs?

I can't imagine they'll say for sure too far in advance but Thompson should get the first shot.

He's been very good recently and Hill's last 17 games have included 14 games of 3+ goals and 12 games below .900. So if you're thinking of drafting Hill, it might not be a good move regardless of if he starts or not.

Hill just hasn't been good but you can't count out and NHL coach's ability to say, well he has playoff experience!

Reactions: KingBogo

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I can't imagine they'll say for sure too far in advance but Thompson should get the first shot.

He's been very good recently and Hill's last 17 games have included 14 games of 3+ goals and 12 games below .900. So if you're thinking of drafting Hill, it might not be a good move regardless of if he starts or not.

Hill just hasn't been good but you can't count out and NHL coach's ability to say, well he has playoff experience!

His experience means jack shit if he keeps on letting in 3+ goals. Unless the coach really thinks he just has been coasting in all of his recent starts and will flip the switch in the playoffs. But I just don't know if I would risk it right now.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
His experience means jack shit if he keeps on letting in 3+ goals. Unless the coach really thinks he just has been coasting in all of his recent starts and will flip the switch in the playoffs. But I just don't know if I would risk it right now.

I would give Thompson the net for as long as he can unless he absolutely has at least two horrible starts in a row.

But I'm just saying I don't underestimate how much NHL coaches can overthink a situation.

I do think they will start with Thompson, but I also think they would be quicker to pull him if anything goes sideways than I would.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad